• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Restore Overwritten Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there any way to restore an overwritten map? I've seen Shadow Copy Client, but I can't make it to work and it's probably not gonna work anyway because my map has been overwritten already b4 I even installed.

The only backup that I have is the one I uploaded here 4 months ago.

I hope someone can give me hope on this one.

And is there anyway to fix a corrupted trigger data/wtg file?

Level 16
Maybe system restore could work? I'd need somebody to confirm that a system restore actually rolls back file modifications too.

What a system restore does, is take your computer back in time to a certain date. This means the computer "rolls back" all its drivers, updates, applications, etc to this previous date. System restore is a tool to help users remove viruses from their computer or recover from serious crashes, but perhaps it could "roll back" your map too?

Here is some information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Level 8
I know System Restore, I already tried. I'm pretty sure it only brings back important files, not sure what files these are, but I'm not really sure if it restores all files, but I'll probably try again.

And no I don't use JNGP. Thx anyway. 4 months of work is probably not that big cause I'll be able to do it faster, 2 months I hope.

Level 23
heads up man, you at least know what youve lost and if you know how it was made(if you made it you will for sure know) it will go like wind, maybe month maybe even less if you remember very good. You dont need to reinvent the stuff at least

I recommend downloading JNGP, as you see there is like 40 backup files in there, so something like this cant happen unless you somehow damage the hard disk or delete the JNGP file

Level 14
You should definitely start to use JNGP.
Not only does it retain all the normal functions of the world editor but it has lots more.
That means just because it supports vJASS, you can continue to use GUI in the same manner.

I work with GUI too but I still benefit from all the other cool stuff it has. :)
Trust me when I say it's worth getting for everyone whether they use GUI or JASS/vJASS.

You can find out about all its features here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/jassnewgenpack-5d-227445/

Level 29
Status
Not open for further replies.