• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey.
I wanna make "Custom" Resources like iron stone and stuff like that
with out replacing gold and lumber... how i do that?
can i make a building have more then one model i mean it like more then one variations?

Last edited:
Level 5
If you want iron to simply be items located around the map (or respawning at a certain point) and have an integer variable to keep track of them, you could use an inventory unit to gather them.

The trickiest part is to have units/upgrades/buildings require a certain amount of iron in addition to its gold/lumber costs. The only method I can think of is using a "dummy" upgrade with 100 levels called "iron amount", and have things require "iron amount" to be at a certain tech level before it's even allowed to be built. Upon building/training the thing, the tech level of "iron amount" is reduced by X.

If your question was, "Can I make it work like Gold and Lumber Do", the answer is probably no.

Another method is to treat mana on particular units like iron (because you can have a mana cost on certain things). However, I think it's impossible to have a gold/lumber cost on spells (except for the goblin hut reveal spell).

Level 3
so i guess its out of the question...
ok here is another one...
lets say when i make a unit.... comes out a platoon... like 10 unit platoon... but i want it like if i click on specific unit like lets say banner carrier it will automatically choose the whole platoon... can it be done?

Level 21
create the following trigger:

Events:
Player - Player 1 selects a unit
Conditions:
unit type of triggering unit = Unitwithabanner
Actions: Select "UnitGroup" for player

all units in the platoon should be added to the "unitgroup" at the map initialization. If there are more platoons, it's getting more complicated as you'll need more unit groups, so you'll have to use arrays. Finally, if you want new platoons to be trained somewhere, you need additional triggers...

Status
Not open for further replies.