• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troubles making a custom "Haunted Mine" + Custom resources issues

Haunted Mine, or Capture?

• Haunted Mine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capture

• Another option....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, LordHatchet95 here....

Well, I'm back after a long time, and managed to make a map with custom resources.

Instead of Gold/Wood & Food, I would have Food/Wood/Stone/Gold & Population (like AoE1,2 and 3), and i was going to use a system similar to another game named "Rise of Nations", but... then I remembered that I need either to fully change the "haunt gold mine" model bug, or a "Capture" skill put on a neutral "camp settlement" which depends on the player unit nearby.

The image below shows 2 buildings, Left are the "Debris" which represents an abandoned encampment, either lumber, stone, gold or food. And to the right, the encampment itself, a "Lumber Camp". I wanted to either capture the abandoned settlement, or build over it like a haunted gold mine over a regular mine.
upload_2019-7-29_17-27-13.png

If possible, I wish to know how to make either of these options, and with that getting the resources part done. Long Story short, I'm practicing on doing a custom human race, a less fantastic one... but my only dead end so far was the customized resources section, which i'm working as variables with an array of 12: 1 array per player and 1 variable per resource stock, the resources being visible for the player on a multiboard. I'd be thankful for some help :grin:

Alternatively, leaving a poll down here about which option could be best. Cheers guys!

PD: this small project I'm doing is already advancing, but the resources are still an issue... gain per minute for each resource works perfectly, but spending them is the main issue, sometimes it either reaches to negative values, or spending won't work at all, or even more, queuing doesn't work yet...
Some Screenshots in-game:
upload_2019-7-29_21-44-12.png upload_2019-7-29_21-44-31.png upload_2019-7-29_21-45-0.png upload_2019-7-29_21-45-19.png upload_2019-7-29_21-45-30.png
Credits to Mr. Bob, and Shadow_killer for most of the models... Still don't know who is the owner of the "Depot" used as feudal age house... If you know, write it pls, so I can credit him/her as well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.