• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource Spotlight #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
lost1.jpg

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that 4 years ago, a member of our community named Kwaliti, uploaded a piece of art to Hive's resource database.
The model titled "Deathwing" has been downloaded more than 21.000 times and has a rating of 4.87 plus a Director's Cut.
It comes with a complete set of awesome animations, an awe-inspiring 3D model and a perfectly wrapped texture/skin. Thanks for sharing, Kwaliti. :goblin_yeah:

Have you ever used this in your mapping project? And how did you use it? Let us know in the comments below. If not, then go check it out in our 3D Viewer.

Over the years, truly talented members of our community have produced great works of art, which they have been so kind to share with all of us.
Some of these creations have since become legendary and began to gather dust in Hive's vast resource database.
But we in the administration team thought that these great works deserve a place in the sun once again.
So as a new feature we will start to cast some spotlight over Hive's lost treasures. We plan on including interviews with the authors in future spotlight articles.

If you have an idea for the next resource spotlight, feel free to PM me.

lost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
I think there are not many models that deserve a spotlight but this one is borderline professional in it's quality and does deserve it.

Level 26

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I like the idea. But since it's about "lost" treasures, I'd advise on moving the spotlight onto some old, not really popular models which are of high quality. While Deathwing is a freaking awesome model, it's one of the most downloaded models in Hive. I wouldn't consider it old or "lost". Take for example, Nasrudin's resources. Some of them are 10 years old (and I'd say - underused), but are still good to this day, even better than most of the things that come out.
Cheers!

Level 26
Sure, which of the fonts did you have in mind? Your mod looks quite interesting btw. I'd be happy to help out.

I figured I'd go with the same kind of font you used for the picture where you introduced Kwaliti's model. If you got any more, I would suggest we bring this discussion to PMs so to not clutter this thread with off topic stuff. ;D

I'd love to see the various fonts you got though, because it's rather difficult to say which one I would like to see used when I don't know which ones I can choose from. ;D

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I think this is the best model there is in both THW and wc3c.net Prime Matron
- Fully custom model (they said mesh?) and animations
- 4.87 rating (55 votes) + DC award
- Cool animations and effects
- Superb details
- Bouncing boobs!
Granted :goblin_good_job: Oh, btw, if you have any more ideas for the next spotlight article, please send me a PM instead of posting it in this thread. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.