• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource cost abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any target abilities that require gold as activation? So far I found only reveal, but some fields like mana cost (not urgently needed) and range have no effect. I need such ability for a dummy ability. And please don't come with those trivial triggers for checking gold blah blah. I want to have gold and lumber icons on the description, thats why I'm searching for such ability.

Alternate solution would be if icons could be inserted in description cost, but I highly doubt it's possible.

Level 7
Mm, i was thinking, what if you based your ability off of "Charge gold and lumber" then when you casted it, it would add your second target ability to the unit and force the ui key for it, that's the best i can come up with.
That would take away the resources before you choose a target. And you would even lose gold if you cancel the ability.

Level 3
well...you could trigger it,
and in the ability description, make it say that it costs X gold and X wood, if you want color the costs, so that its visible...thats how I would do it... i figure thats really really simple and fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.