• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My max resolution - 1680x1050 cuts off part of the screen - to the left. All other resolutions work fine, at the moment, I'm using 1600x1200 for most things. The main problem is that the trouble originated from pressing the AUTO (adjust) button on my screen, and when I press it again - it does exactly the same thing, cuts off part off the screen again. I have absolutely no clue how to fix this or help it.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Adjust your screen stretch options on your screen itself.
2. Switch from an analogue connection from graphics to screen to a digital one.

Both will solve it.
1. Allows you to fix up your buggy auto adjust.
2. Would mean the problem could never occur again as scaling is not needed on digital signals.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to use a DVI in digital mode. That needs both your graphic card and screen to support it. From then on you can controle the scaling in your graphic card options, atleast for nvidia cards. The reason for this is analogue signals have no fixed order so the screen has to scale them to be in the right places, a left over from the days of CRT screens. Digital signals however get decoded into a full image of fixed pixel height and width which the screen eithor does nothing to and displays it or scales to fit the full screen (as it knows the width and height it can scale it without cutting the edges off).

If you are using a CRT screen it maay not work as I only know it to work for LCDs. Also make sure that the resolution you are using is the actual resolution of the display as sometimes it lets you use a larger one which obviously results in cutting off.

Status
Not open for further replies.