• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting help on spells too complex for my feeble talents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys, i've been having alot, no wait, tons of trouble creating these spells, i've gotten almost all of my custom spells out of the way, but everything is narrowed down to these left. If it is at all possible, i would seriously appreciate any help in they're creation!
Heres what i've got:

Offensive: -ACCOMPLISHED, thanks iplaystarcraft
Targeted:(Self Only)
Type: (Active)
Classification: Hero
Caster of the skill gains a 100% chance for a critical strike x1.65dmg for 20seconds. Recast time is 6mins, no mana cost.

Rampage:
Targeted:(Self Only)
Classification: Boss Mob
Caster of the skill gains a 100% chance for a critical strike x1.75dmg for 25seconds, and 7.5% attack speed increase. Recast time is 4mins, no mana cost. (***Skill must becomes active when creature reaches 12-14% hitpoints***)

Defensive: -ACCOMPLISHED, thanks iplaystarcraft
Targeted: (Self Only)
Classification: Hero
Caster of the skill parry's 80% of the future melee attacks made on him/her for 20seconds. Recast time is 6mins, no mana cost.

Dragon Roar: -ACCOMPLISHED, thanks Daelin, spell by Vexorian.
Targeted: (Point Blank Area Effect)
Caster of the spell fears all creatures within 850ft of his/herself, the effect lasting 5seconds on heros and 7seconds on non heros (if the timing complicates things, then its fine if they are both 5seconds). Recast Time is 80 seconds, 200 mana to cast.

Fell Strike - is now Bash: -ACCOMPLISHED, thanks Daelin
Effects: (Combat)
Type: (Perminant Effect)
Every strike a creature with this effect makes, has a knockback effect because of the creatures great strength, forcing the hero/enemy a few feet back with every strike. (preferably no stun effect)
A good example of a knockback effect is shown on here: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=281&sid=5b8f25891872bf49de40fa4d23f35a94 by The_Raven, which was done fantastically.

Back Stab(??Possible??):
Targeted: (Combat)
Type: (Perminant Effect)
Classification: Hero Ability
I would like it to work, basically like "bash" without the stun effect, simply a random chance to strike an opponent for a set amount of damage, for example 20% chance to strike the creature your attacking for 400dmg -BUT you are unable to preform this attack unless you are facing the creatures back, hence the name "Back Stab"...
If this could be turned into an active ability, and when used, it would automatically damage the creature you are attacking (without targeting)- that would be great aswell.

I have alot more, but these are the ones i've been having the MOST trouble with, i believe i can do the others on my own. If anyone could please help me out, i'd seriously appreciate it, and am more than willing to include you in the RPG's credits for your time.
Thanks so much.
-Drakkel

============================EDIT=============================
I'm still having trouble with the above spells, owe =(
Also additing another to the list:

(These items are only an example, when this spell is used they can be replaced with nuts/herbs/weeds and whatever)
Forage:
Classification: Hero (skill cannot upgrade)
Using this skill grants a random chance to recieve certain items. When used there is a 70% chance to recieve a Ring of Protection +5, 40% for a Claws of Attack +9, 15% chance to recieve a Helm of Valor, 5% chance to recieve a Sobi Mask. Casting time is. Recast Time is 140seconds, no mana cost.

Is it possible to rename attributes? For instance, can I chance the name of "agility" to "dexterity"? With that, is it also possible to change the effects of attributes? Say if i wanted Intelligence to give hitpoints....
Furthor more, is it at all possible to introduce a totally new attribute?

===================EDIT=======(Feb 28th)==============
With the spell "charm" you can convert *many* creatures. How can i limit it so that you may only have 1 charmed creature at any one time?
Thanks!

Level 7
The defensive spell is not even triggered, you could simply use the defend ability that already exists, and the attacking one there is an easier way, just make it turn on a trigger that every time he attacks add a damage attacked target by damage dealt+damage dealt x 1.65. This would be less laggy when you turn it on and wouldnt take up an extra slot so people would think its cooler, remember that its not the content of the spell, meerly how cool it looks that affects most judgements

Level 3
-

Awsome! Thanks iplay, i checked it out and they work great, but im wondering, will the added abilities through triggers effect skills that are already there?

To be more specific, by the time these spells are used, all of the empty spots on the heros spell table will be full. - If and when one of these abilities are used, will the added abilities bump any of those spell icons out of the way or anything? Or will the player never see the added spells?

---------
Xipe one of my largest problems, is the fact that 70% of all triggers beat me left and right, one swing after another. Though i can't stress it enough how much I appreciate the info... after that its a matter of getting it down in map...

Again, thank you guys!

Level 11
Back Stab... you could try my Deaf Curse spell. It makes an unit get extra damage if attacked from the back (but is buffed). Search for my latest spell (Mixed Spells).

Dragon Roar... Hmm, try Vexorian's pack with Terrorifying Scream. Link: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=548&sid=8dbf7b424c7f3fbf5810c4dba05a52f1

Fell Strike... Hmm, I would suggest looking into my RotHE pack. I might have added the Knockback Spell. If I didn't I will email it to you. Then every time the caster attacks and there is a chance of success create a dummy unit and order it to knockback.

~Daelin

Level 7
For the knockback I created a fairly decent way of doing it, and its non-jass just in case you don't understand jass, I know that I saure as hell don't. Anyway what it does is if ther eis a a success apon attack then it starts moving the units away from its start point by an increasing amount.

Level 7
For the knockback I created a fairly decent way of doing it, and its non-jass just in case you don't understand jass, I know that I saure as hell don't. Anyway what it does is if ther eis a a success apon attack then it starts moving the units away from its start point by an increasing amount.

Level 3
~

Woah, thanks alot for the helpful replies guys =D, much more than i had expected.

Xipe- Thanks, that would be awsome if you could do that with backstab, because i'm pretty close to clueless on how to enable it.
As far as your knockback effect goes, does the creature take steps back, or is it actually forced back? I don't suppose you could show me an example?

Daelin- I'll check out Deaf curse, it does sound interesting.
Thanks alot for pointing out Terrorfying scream, that works perfectly, asfar as a Fell Strike possibility spell, i looked into RotHE pack as you suggested, and i couldn't happen to find any spells in relation to a knock back effect, though i suppose i could have missed it. If emailing me isn't too far out of your way, i would reeeally appreciate it, sounds like it can be molded just a tad to fit my uses perfectly!

Again, thank you guys!
If needed, my email is [email protected]
-Drakkel

Level 3
~

Daelin, i've gotta say you make some damn fine spells! I found all of those in your packs pretty impressive, and i realy liked Telekinesis. Sadly i don't know how to change it into a permanant ability with a 100% chance to take effect, but i can comprimise by changing Fell Strike into "Slam" or something of the sort...

As far as Deaf Curse goes, it doesn't quite suit the purpose i'm looking for as far as backstab goes, BUT it can make an awsome purpose all in itself. If you can alter it into something like this:

Weak Point:
Type: (Permanent Effect)
Classification: (Every Creep On a Map)
Creatures under the effect of this ability will recieve 10% more damage when attacked from behind.

An ability such as this could do ALOT for an RPG map, whether the creature is large or small players would begin using group tactics, and it would also make strategy / teamwork a key necessity for taking down those uber creatures. Among many other effects aswell ofcourse...

Is there any chance you might be able to spare the time to create an effect such as i mentioned above? It would quite simply be, awsome.

Thanks, so much for your help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.