• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with some spells for a hero I'm making...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Basically I need some help with a hero I'm making.. I was messing around in WE trying to get skills for it and stuff, and got 3/4 skills in although they arn't what I want them to be, effect wise etc.. Trigger Editor btw confuses me, I know its easy yet I don't get it o0o00oo0. Let me explain each spell and what I have and would want from it.

Speed Burst Spell - A spell that makes you move really fast.. Much longer cd than the time it is active. I have this all in, however, I want there to be a spell reduction on the hero that uses it while it is active.. Tried to base a spell off of Runed Bracers giving it +25% extra damage taken (I wanted hero to take 100% damage from spells under this effect) but I couldn't turn this into a buff to add onto the hero.. Also for some reason when you click on the spell to use it, in the tooltip it seems there is a little extra space but abosutely no clue why..

Immolation/Other Effect - A passive spell.. Originally I based this off of Cloak of Flames, but the damage wouldn't progress as there were more points into the skill. So I based it off of Immolation to re-activate when you put skill points into it to upgrade the damage effect. However there is another effect I would like.. Basically in pure number terms, a 4/8/12/16% chance a second to deal anywhere from 30-110 damage to a nearby unit, double the chance for heroes. No clue how to do this.

BOOM - Call this spell BOOM when not using its real name.. A low range storm bolt based spell with lots of damage and a small stun.. However I want there to be little side effects that you are affected by depending on whether you have the Speed Burst spell on.

If Speed Burst is on - Extra damage dealt to self and to the target, negative spell damage effect increased from the Speed Burst.

If it isn't on - Move significantly slower for the next 7-12 seconds.

Run Over - The ultimate.. Basically a running over spell.. Havn't even tried to get this one yet; no clue on what to base it. Kinda like a blink strike effect, move really fast at a unit and then run into it, dealing damage.. However some nice side effets. If the unit wouldn't be killed, deals additional damage.. And if the Speed Burst effect is on you can immediately recast it for 1.5 times the original mana cost.

And just to let you know.. I did spend alot of time on this, just completely STUMPED.. And the hero would have 15 levels, 4 skill points per primary spell and 3 for ulitimate if you havn't figured this out..

Anyways thanks in advance.. Tips on how to do it would be helped but so would an exact description (yeah I think I'm lucky lol)

-smackcracklepop

Level 11
Umm, did you check my latest tutorial? I know it's frigging long but there are some stuff which might help you. Try the first chapters, and see if you can understand triggers.

To make the buff ability, you will need to add the unit the Bracers ability when it casts Speed Burst. Then you will have to wait until the caster doesn't have the buff anymore, and then just remove the Speed Burst.

For BOOM you can check if the caster has the Speed Burst buff. If it has, then you damage it with a dummy unit and damage the target as well. If not, you simply order a dummy unit to cast slow on the caster.

Immolation is a basic passive ability. Cloak of flames doesn't work with multiple levels apparently. But Permanent Immolation does. You can add the unit into a variable, and every 1 seconds of the game, you damage a random enemy around it, if the spell should be successful.

Run Over is advanced, so before finishing these, let's not mess with it.

~Daelin

Level 1
kkk... originally i read the spell-making with triggers.. but kinda confused by it o0o0o0

so i would have to remake the speed burst spell to make activate/deactive so the unit would take extra damage?

also for the ult.. a friend of mine recomended using shockwave and something about equalizing unit and missile speed..

so is there anything i can do w/o triggers first of all? or that i need to do w/o triggers first..

thx btw..

-smackcracklepop

Level 11
W/o triggers... you can do the object editor part. But then, you will need to enter triggers. And btw, what didn't you understand from the tutorial? Where did you get? You are not supposed to skip stuff, before you understand them. The concept of triggers can be pretty difficult so take your time to understand how they work.

~Daelin

Level 6
hi smack.

I know you have better english than that. Rephrase this sentence.

so i would have to remake the speed burst spell to make activate/deactive so the unit would take extra damage?

Alright, I can't remember the exact spellback of Vexorian's where I saw a shockwave underneath the guy with a Pit Lord model, but I believe it was SpellPack7 or Random Spells. Go look for Vexorian's website.

Edited by Daelin: Next time, think twice before calling someone a noob, ok?

Level 1
I was asking Telefragged if I would have to remake the Speed Burst spell to make it activate/deactivatable...

Daelin, I have already made some of this in WE using the Object Editor.. I believe I have gone as far as I can without using triggers.. If you would like I could give you the map so you could look at it.

Basically what I was confused about was.. I got the concept, but it didn't seem to me that I could apply it to any other situation.. Like my spells.

Level 6
Daelin, I know smack, it's meant to be somewhat like a joke, not to be taken seriously.

Anyway, Speed Burst should be based off a speed spell {like Wind Walk or Frenzy} and have the bracers ability put on with a trigger, so yeah, you should have to remake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.