• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] A spell of mine needs help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A spell of mine needs help... [Solved by Gost]

Hey there!... i need som help to my spell.
I've tried to find a forum to post this and i think this one suits best.
First of all i would like to excuse my grammar (i havent learned to put the "," yet -.-")

when i cast the spell i only damages the base damage of my spell... (i will post my entire trigger setup as soon as i findout how xD so for now you just have to download my new version of the map that i have attached)

I would appriciate any help i can get... thanks!

PS: i have attached my map if you want to see how i set it up

EDIT 1: i think i also forgot to mention that im new at posting threads xD
EDIT 2: removed the sucking spell explenation that i wrote >.>
EDIT 3: THIS THREAD IS SOLVED THANKS TO GOST... AND UOPS MY CAPS IS ON (im bored RLY big now... and i got sukar!!)

EDIT 4: okay my sugar rush is over now...
heres the trigger for those who does not want to dl and open my map
  • Pure Mana Burst
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pure Mana Burst
    • Actions
      • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = ((75.00 + (75.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit)))))) + ((0.30 + (0.30 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit)))))) x (Mana of (Triggering unit))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • PureManaBurst_Damage Greater than or equal to (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit))))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit))))))
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (375.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit)))))) at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing PureManaBurst_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Unit - Set mana of (Casting unit) to 0.00
        • Else - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (375.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit)))))) at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing PureManaBurst_Damage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic

Attachments

• Pure Mana Burst Spell Test.w3x
    35.3 KB · Views: 83
  • -NEW- Pure Mana Burst Spell Test -NEW-.w3x
    36.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Pure Mana Burst - Fixed.w3x
    35.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 10
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = (150.00 + (0.60 x (Mana of (Triggering unit))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (PureManaBurst_Damage - 150.00) Greater than 800.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = 950.00
        • Else - Actions
Is that what you are looking for?

EDIT: Notice I didn't set the heroes mana to 0 or anything else, all I did was get the damage variable to be set to the correct amount. You will have to do the other things =)

EDIT2: When responding I didn't even open your map, I did now though and your damage variables seem to be reliant on level etc. and things you didn't explain in your first post. =/ so I am not sure if my variable are what you actually want.

Level 10
Alright I just edited your spell and made it how it should be according to your forum post, but what you were doing in the actual trigger way different then what you said you wanted lol =/. Anyways here is my interpretation.

• Pure Mana Burst Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((String((300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit)))))))) + damage)
Just have the spell be warstomp, have that stun for 2 seconds. And set thats art in the object editor to w/e you want your special effect to be.

Level 6
Alright I just edited your spell and made it how it should be according to your forum post, but what you were doing in the actual trigger way different then what you said you wanted lol =/. Anyways here is my interpretation.

• Pure Mana Burst Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((String((300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Casting unit)))))))) + damage)
Just have the spell be warstomp, have that stun for 2 seconds. And set thats art in the object editor to w/e you want your special effect to be.

... not completely what i wanted but i think you solved my problem...

what i rly wanted at first was to make a trigger that i did not need to copy paste for each level (thos are annoying as hell)
but the trigger you just made does not fulfill that... anyways i think i just figured out how to do it after looking through your trigger... thank you so much :thumbs_up: (+rep)

EDIT:
Oh and
EDIT 1: i think i also forgot to mention that im new at posting threads xD

EDIT 2:
OH NOES... IT DIDNT WORK :sad:... please download my new map (found at very top) and look through it... please? :cute:

Last edited:
Level 4
Is this what you want? I don't know why there's a limit on the damage, but that's what your original trigger had. Also, I took the liberty of getting rid of leaks.

• Pure Mana Burst
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) x (0.30 + (0.30 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit)))))))
        • If - Conditions
          • PureManaBurst_Damage Greater than or equal to (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))))
        • Else - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at tempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (375.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit)))))) at tempLoc, dealing (75.00 + ((75.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))) + PureManaBurst_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
      • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to 0.00
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc)
Edit: It kills all units in the area, including the caster, cause that's what you originally made. XD

Level 6
Is this what you want? I don't know why there's a limit on the damage, but that's what your original trigger had. Also, I took the liberty of getting rid of leaks.

• Pure Mana Burst
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) x (0.30 + (0.30 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit)))))))
        • If - Conditions
          • PureManaBurst_Damage Greater than or equal to (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PureManaBurst_Damage = (300.00 + (500.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))))
        • Else - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at tempLoc using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (375.00 + (25.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit)))))) at tempLoc, dealing (75.00 + ((75.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))) + PureManaBurst_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
Edit: It kills all units in the area, including the caster, cause that's what you originally made. XD

it seems that there is a bug in that trigger :eekani: it damages 60150 instead of the 800(+150) maximum at level 1 of the ability (i wonder what it would damage in level 3 then hmmm...)
i cant realy find that bug... now i've looked it through one time... and i think i'll look it thorugh one more time just to make sure if its your or my fault XD (or if its an WE bug :ugly:)

anyways thanks :thumbs_up:

how do you make the trigger thingy on hive?
  • Pure Mana Burst
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
EDIT: no it wasnt meant to kill him... or his alies XD... i just dont know how to do so it dosent (lol)
EDIT 2: oh and the limit damage was something a friend of mine wanted XD
EDIT 3: and in level 3 it did 98700 damage... thereby almost killed my test peasent with 100000 hit points... OMG!
EDIT 4: (whew this is alot of edits) i have looked through the trigger now and did exactly what you did... and i didnt find anything that would make it damage 98700 at level 3 XD
EDIT 5: (at least im always editing XD) now i have looke through it and found the bug...
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius (BLAH) at temploc, dealing (75 + (75 x (BLAH*)))
* BLAH is mana x 0.6(+151) at level 1 mana x 0.9(+227) at level 2 and mana x 1.2(+303) at level 3 and acording to my math lessons you are calculating paranties first... so it should look like this 75 + 75 x (151 + (755** x 0.6)) = 31785
** his starting mana is 1155 minus the 400 the spell costs = 755

EDIT 6: i think i got it to work now... i'll edit (again) when i've tested it...
PureManaBurst_Damage + (75.00 + (75.00 x (Real((Level of Pure Mana Burst for (Triggering unit))))))

EDIT 7: new bug -.- (im starting to hate this) now it damages 1100 at level 1 (should be 800(+150)) 1380 at level 2 (should be 1300(+225)) and 1456 at level 3 (should be 1800(+300)) (with the "(maybe) fixed trigger" as the only change to your trigger)
... !!... i dont know why this happens...

Last edited:
Level 10
Map is attached on my post, it works now perfectly. Right now if your hero has level 3 Pure Mana Burst and full mana it will do 646.5 damage.
300 base, + .3 * mana(which is 1151) = 646.5. It will do more or less if he has more or less mana of course, I also made it so the ability doesn't do the base
damage, that is done by the spell. Aswell, I put it all together in one trigger. GL trigger =)

Attachments

• Pure Mana Burst - Fixed.w3x
    35.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 6
Map is attached on my post, it works now perfectly. Right now if your hero has level 3 Pure Mana Burst and full mana it will do 646.5 damage.
300 base, + .3 * mana(which is 1151) = 646.5. It will do more or less if he has more or less mana of course, I also made it so the ability doesn't do the base
damage, that is done by the spell. Aswell, I put it all together in one trigger. GL trigger =)

O.O... i dont know what to say... other than thanks...
now the only thing left is to test it... +REP!

EDIT: how annoynig... now i cant even rep you :ugly:

Level 6
=p, thats ok haha.

hehe

okay... i found a little bug in the trigger... but i've solved that
now there's only 2 offtopic things left:
1: to tell you that i'm a 13 year old triggere/map maker (for fun =P)
2: and how do you make the stupid long code in this bubble?
  • events BLA BLA BLAH
  • conditions BLU BLAH?
  • actions BLU BLU BLA BLAH!
is it something copy paste thingy?

WE ARE GONNA BE DA BESTEST FRIEND IN THA WORLD... WE CAN GO SING AND SWING OUTSIDE THE PARK!!... HUH?... NO?!... WHY?!

EDIT: you said "GL trigger" :cute:

Level 10
Select your trigger in the world editor, then in the part where you edit actions and w/e on the very top of that window where it says your trigger name right click and copy as text, then when posting hit Go Advanced and you will see a bunch of buttons above the typing area, hit the little grey gear and these will pop up: [TRIGER][/TRIGER] (but spelled right so you won't be able to see them, trigger has to g's lol) and paste your code inbetween and thats it =).
  • if if if then else if
  • then if else
  • else DoNothing
  • lol spam

Level 6
Select your trigger in the world editor, then in the part where you edit actions and w/e on the very top of that window where it says your trigger name right click and copy as text, then when posting hit Go Advanced and you will see a bunch of buttons above the typing area, hit the little grey gear and these will pop up: [TRIGER][/TRIGER] (but spelled right so you won't be able to see them, trigger has to g's lol) and paste your code inbetween and thats it =).
  • if if if then else if
  • then if else
  • else DoNothing
  • lol spam

thanks man... i wish i could rep you 2 times now :/... NOT RAPE just to make clear

Status
Not open for further replies.