• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few spell requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I will appreciate whoever work any of these out for me, it will save me a great deal of time:

- Confusion: causes enemy targets in an area to lose their current orders, and move randomly for a small amount of time.

- Berserk: causes a target enemy to lose its mind and makes it attack the nearest target (friend or foe) for a duration. The owner of the target can not re-issue order when it's in berserk state, unless it is dispelled.

- Chaos Strike: a critical-strike-like spell, this time the Hero has a % chance to strike a target unit for a random amount of bonus damage (a red floating text should be shown).

-Sky Walk: raises the caster to the sky, allowing him to move freely through space as a flying unit. In Sky Walk, the caster do not walk, but instead, hover, so he does not perform his walk animation, but likely his stand animation. I would like to see some effects attached to his feet, like dust or cloud.

-Mass Displacement: when cast, positions of units in the target area are randomly switched. I'd like to see some nice effects.

-Hypnotize: a channeling spell, allowing the caster to take control of a target enemy non-hero unit. The effect wears off when the target is out-of-range, or the spell is disrupted.

-Dread Ward: summons a purple serpend ward. Each time the ward deals damage, it grows bigger and will inflict more damage.

-Instability Force: confuses a target unit's true position by constantly changing its current position around its original position. This spell is helpful against focus fire, and casting it on a harasser may keep you units safe.

I also welcome more ideas and suggestions, if a spell idea I find great (melee-practical), I will try to make it and upload to the spell section.

Level 2
Per Mass Displacement

I've been working on that Mass Displacement spell myself for a good week now.

I tried 2 Integer A Loops, 3 Multi-Instance Unit-Group references, and a Patriedge in a Pear Tree and got zilch.

My problem was storing locations but now I think I got it. I just finished this spell right now, at about 4AM local time, and am so proud I gotta share.

In reality, I'm not sure if you'll even need the variables I used, but check it out.

Displacement
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Displacement
Actions
Set Displacer = (Casting unit)
Set tempInt = (Level of Displacement for Displacer)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (200.00 + (400.00 x (Real(tempInt)))) of (Position of Displacer) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set DisplacedGroup = (Last created unit group)
Unit - Create 1 Blinker for (Owner of Displacer) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (200.00 + (400.00 x (Real(tempInt)))) of (Position of Displacer) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set tempUnit = (Random unit from (Units of type Blinker))
Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Position of tempUnit)
Unit - Remove tempUnit from the game
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkTarget.mdl

Notes: As you can see, I pick every unit not a structure, dead, or illusion, create a dummy unit (Blinker) at each, then seperately move a unit to the spot of a random Blinker (tempUnit). That blinker is then removed, leaving fewer choices as to what spots are still open, eventually getting to the last unit who moves to the last blinker. I giggled like a little school girl when it finally worked.

If you wanna add a litle delay to the spell, as I did, well, tough luck, bro. Waits and Countdown timers severely mess up this spell. Though I suppose I could do the second half, the actual moving to the blinkers, after a CD timer has expired. Wait + "Pick Every Unit In..." actions = Bad.

BLINKERS - I only called them that because I was using Blink SEs. This dummy unit HAS TO BE UNIQUE. Don't make it your normal spell-casting dummy unit-type. Make a separate unit for this spell, due to multi-instance.

I know, I lacked on special effects, but you can add as you like.

Now I sleep. Peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.