• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys,
We came up with a nice mapsystem idea.
Basicly this system shows up a more detailed map of our World of Gaias Retaliation then the normal minimap.

This means we would need a picture of the world in the bird eye view (not a screenshot) drawed by you.

at the end the user would press on his map button for example and the full screen map (picture) of our world would turn on.

It would be possibel to expand this system maybe, for example with a sign where the player is at the moment and so on.

We dont have the possibility to draw a picture of it, we would like you to support us with this system :).

I hope there are some people which are interested, it would be important for us, we would use that picture also for the loading screen credits ingame and on the loadingscreen would be guaranteed.

some examples i found maybe a good inspiration:

dragoneggs.jpg
gothic3_map.jpg
VoM_way_into_the_castle01.jpg

Level 5
hm there are really much poeple interested in the project but no one which is interested in helping with this? come on

Level 4
i think its, 'cause much people like this map and have interesting ideas, but can't implement it, 'cause they can't work with Jass or so. like me^^
I only can some GUI.

i think its, 'cause much people like this map and have interesting ideas, but can't implement it, 'cause they can't work with Jass or so. like me^^
I only can some GUI.
Errr wait ... maybe you got us wrong, but we never said that you should script this system. We want someone to actually create the map - the graphical design ... the picture.

Level 5
THis is just the landscape which is playable, with out the dungeons.

The screenshots are with out doodads because we have over 22 000 this gives me graphic bugs while i want to do screens.

attachment.php

and the bird eye screenshot with a short explanation for you, just for understanding

attachment.php

anyway if some one is interested in helping us with this we can talk about details

Level 1
Sup guys,

It's a great idea and adds to the atmosphere, and I think I can help you.

I'm fairly skilled in painting digitally, and I think a map with some effort put to it shouldnt be a problem, I'll freely take this on and see what you think of the result.

Here's some stuff I've done:

SnartCider.jpg

110Degrees2-1.jpg

DraeneiJudicatorLazarus-1.jpg
(oldie :grin: )

Ill see what I can do

Level 5
I made a next picture with the landscape of unknown lands im not 100 % sure about but it could look a bit like in the gothic 3 map with unknown land ?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 2,938
Level 1
very good, I think Ill simply take that map and paint ontop of it, the guidelines will come out nicely, and when you evolve the game next I can simply remake the "unknown" or nondetailed areas.

Ill start tomorrow, got nightmanager shift right now, then some sleep on that one =) will be exciting

Level 1
I will also need all the names and such to put out, if u can make a list to provide me, eg. city names, dungeon names and such to be put out on the map.

Level 5
How is it going on, do you made something until now?

Here are some names, i dont know if they fit on the picture so they are just Information, until yet.

Kurodan ( the continent)

Ankhmaron (a land on Kurodan)

Fjords or (Fjords of Ankhmaron)

Riversdale (little village near the fjords)

The Bandit Cave (dungeon1)

Trade route ( a route which is leading to the capital city and is often used by trader)

The Cave of Tranquility (dungeon2)

Farmland (Farmland in front of the capital city)

Mytargas (Capital city)

Sewers of Mytargas (sewers / catacombs under Mytargas)

The Port of Mytargas (Dungeon 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.