• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drawing Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
gaja42braunneucrop.jpg

Hey guys,
We came up with a nice mapsystem idea for our project “Gaias Retaliation”.
Basicly this system shows up a more detailed map of our World of Gaias Retaliation then the normal minimap.

This means we would need a picture of the world in the bird eye view (not a screenshot) drawed by you.

at the end the user would press on his map button for example and the full screen map (picture) of our world would turn on.

It would be possibel to expand this system maybe, for example with a sign where the player is at the moment and so on.

We dont have the possibility to draw a picture of it, we would like you to support us with this system :).

I hope there are some people which are interested, it would be important for us, we would use that picture also for the loading screen credits ingame and on the loadingscreen would be guaranteed.

some examples i found maybe a good inspiration:

dragoneggs.jpg
gothic3_map.jpg
VoM_way_into_the_castle01.jpg

It would be up to you how this picture would be done.

Level 14
not that im am going to do it (probably), but if you want the map to have real proportions then the screenshot of the real birdeye view (from world editor with game view settings) should be used as a layer under the picture (map) being drawn.

Level 5
Yep you'r right thx,

THis is just the landscape which is playable, with out the dungeons.

The screenshots are with out doodads because we have over 22 000 this gives me graphic bugs while i want to do screens.

attachment.php

and the bird eye screenshot with a short explanation for you, just for understanding

attachment.php

anyway if some one is interested in helping us with this we can talk about details.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,262
Level 14
btw the w3 world editor has a useful thing (maybe it was advanced options?) named "view entire map" so you the camera will be exactly at 90degrees from the map-plane.

anyway a lot better than before
and good luck with this ^^

Level 35
Ye thx.
But I guess you can see more of the playable terrain if you don't see the entire map it's 480x480.

I might be able to help you out - consider if you wish for it then post a request in my other thread with exact details for me to be reminded about it. Also need some information of what exactly you want shown on it, as your examples is rather inconsistent.

Level 5
I made a next picture with the landscape of unknown lands im not 100 % sure about but it could look a bit like in the gothic 3 map with unknown land ?

attachment.php

And im not sure about which and how much informations could be displayed on the map it's pretty big and vague to show every singel name and way? you could also do the picture a bit nearer, so that the borders of the shown playabel region would fit in the picture.

I could say now make it like this and bla bla but i thought also to give the one who is willing to do it a bit tolerance. maybe more fun for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.