• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model request: Ancient Stone Elemental (think it's a cool request)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

I'm working on an ORPG with RaiN and ohhhh it's going so good. We're introducing new systems and terrain area's every week and we're really getting closer to our release date... However.
In the storyline of the ORPG the Oakwood Forest there's a big titan summoned by the gods. This is one of the last PvE bosses in the game and we need a good model for it. Our 2nd choice would be the Mountain Giant model, but in case we can get a better one we would like to give it a try here because we (still) couldn't find a good modeler to join our project.

Here's the request:
This titan is a stone elemental made out of (duh) stones with moss and grass on it. It looks alot like the mountain giant but not as fat. I got a picture of how he should look like attached to this post. It's basically a combination of the Stone Elemental and Mountain Giant models though I hope he won't get round fists like stone elementals or a dissapeared neck like the mountain giant. What I like about the picture's giant is the round shape of his "breast/neck", the pretty big (bit not round) fists and his shape which isn't fat. Because of that I would really like to see a model with those things in it.

I'm very picky and I only use models when I really think they're worth the mapspace so if you don't really like my idea I think it's not worth the effort to help me out. I'm basically asking for someone that is pretty enthousiastic about this and would really like to help with this (my opinion:) pretty cool model request.

Anyways. Think about it. Here's the picture:

Attachments

• StoneElemental.jpg
    StoneElemental.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 16,041
Level 19
I know three possible models that you can use for temporary placeholder (or maybe permanent if you think they're good enough).

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ancientofstome-91268/ (Just adjust the colour tinting effect in WE object editor)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ashenvale-golem-64875/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rockgolem-47358/

Yeah well. They're nice but I prefer to stick to the mountain giant instead of those. It has to be a massive huge unit. The first one is really nice but is too flexible and the other 2... I just don't like the Rock Golem models from wc3 so I don't like those either:)

Level 8
Hmmz if u want i can try to modify the mountain giant itself, just tell me what ya need from him

Level 19
Well the Mountain Giant skin looks alot like the picture I posted here, but the model itself lacks a few things. The mountain giant basically has no neck, this one has. It's basically just like igor has from the frankenstein tale haha, he has a big hump and a short neck, the mountain giant has his face inside his hump basically.
And the Ashenvale Golem isn't really a good solution because I just don't like it. I don't like the round fists and the ruin blocks comming out of his back. I prefer to stick to the Mountain Giant unless the custom model really looks cool and fits the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.