• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Urgent recruiting request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
As you all know, we are still having a lot of work to do, before we can finally release the newest version.
We decided that it is to much work for us alone, so we are accepting help offers for the following tasks (all of them - Not just one of those!):

• Creating & implementing items by using the Wc3 object editor, the current tooltip template and the internal item registry functions of Gaias Retaliation
  • Setting up loottables and stealtables for the new content
  • Maintaining the item & lootlist balancing
  • Creating new recipes by using the object editor, tooltip template for crafting items and the internal crafting registry functions

This is what you need:
  • A lot of experience with our map (You should at least have more than one character above level 25 to ensure you have a general 'feel' of the map design)
  • At least 2-3 hours of time per day, except on weekends
  • A lot of motivation to actually get the work done and not just talking about it
  • An average understanding of vJass to understand and use the registry functions provided for this (this is a must!)
  • A good feel for balancing
  • Enough creativity to create at least 100 new items
  • At least average english skills to write the tooltips properly.
  • Also willing to support us in the future (SC2 version of Gaias Retaliation)

Looking forward to your applications.

Level 7
Can I just make you a few custom items here and there instead of working full time for you??? I have all the requirements above except the 2-3 hours thing. Is there a way I can just work on the side, I would love to help out?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Can I just make you a few custom items here and there instead of working full time for you??? I have all the requirements above except the 2-3 hours thing. Is there a way I can just work on the side, I would love to help out?
Sorry, I think this is not going to work. Either you have enough time to do hundreds of items for us, or we have no use for you. If you can just help part-time, then I guess we would be faster doing it on our own (We save the "teaching" time in this case).

Level 1
Making the actual loottables and creating new and interesting items after your demands would be cake and no problem,(also colorcodes,nice texts etc) I got 5+ hours per day least for this.

What bugs me would be the recipes, not the actual item, but how to make combination work when you do the actual crafting and such, that's were my knowledge stops.

If you would kindly teach me that part, then you would have an itemcreating slave for your humble purposes ^^ and I could make examples for you too see how I think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.