• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request - adding an animation tag! (Mount) +4 rep & credits! (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hi and thank you for reading my thread!

I've made a mounting system that uses SetXPos and SetYPos to position a mount right under a riding hero. I'm also using the IsUnitMoving system to determine if the mount should loop it's walking animation or if it should loop it's standing animation depending on if the riding hero is currently moving or not. I've made it work and it looks awesome! What makes this method superior to other methods such as attatching the rider's model to a controlable mount unit is that all attatchments on the hero are still being shown - and my map has attatchments for every item!

My only problem is that when the hero is issued to move somewhere he plays his Move animation no matter if I trigger some other animation to be played. This is where I would love to get some help from you brave Request-Thread-Readers!

I think I know a solution to this problem where the hero gets a new animation tag which only contains his standing animation. Perhaps there is a solution where you add an ability or something to the mounting unit so that he ALWAYS loops his standing animation?

TLDR: Do you know of a way to make a unit play it's stand animation while moving or could someone please add another animation tag to this model containing two animations, walk and stand, both of which looks like my unit is standing so that he loops his "stand" animation while moving AND while standing still?

This is the model that I am using:
Villager

+4 Rep to all helpers!

I've attatched this picture of a cat for extra request power!
fat-cat-overweight-400x400.jpg

Thanks you for reading! Have a great day!

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Diegoit Hey mate! Thank you for replying!
Yes, I need a new animation tag attatched to this model. The animation tag should contain a moving animation that looks like he is "riding" the mount or just standing still. This way I can apply that animation tag to the hero while the hero is riding the mount and it will look as if he is riding it instead of walking on top of it!

Level 21
@Diegoit Hey mate! Thank you for replying!
Yes, I need a new animation tag attatched to this model. The animation tag should contain a moving animation that looks like he is "riding" the mount or just standing still. This way I can apply that animation tag to the hero while the hero is riding the mount and it will look as if he is riding it instead of walking on top of it!
So i just must add a riding stand anim? idk what is a tag xd.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Diegoit Yes I need a riding/stand animation but the most important part is that you add a new animation tag to the unit and within that tag is the animation. If you don't know what an animation tag is I suggest reading up on the subject, it's really simple. You should see it inside the animation editing program.

Level 21
@Diegoit Yes I need a riding/stand animation but the most important part is that you add a new animation tag to the unit and within that tag is the animation. If you don't know what an animation tag is I suggest reading up on the subject, it's really simple. You should see it inside the animation editing program.
Like "Stand alternate"?

Level 21
Bro you create a request and you take a lot to answer.

Remember that the program can read names with first, second, etc so your sanest bet for most of the models ingame could be using. Animation + fifth only Arthas with frostmourne has animations with the fifth tag.
Example: Stand upgrade second?

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Diegoit @Himperion
Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply, it seems that I didn't get any notifications any longer!

These are the animation tags of the villager:

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Now, my idea is to add a new animation tag which only has the Walk animation added to it. The Walk animation added should look like the unit is idle/still/standing/riding, any of these. I will then add the animation tag to the mounting unit and when he walks it will look as if he is just standing still. Can anyone help me with this please? It would mean the world :)

Level 21
@Diegoit @Himperion
Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply, it seems that I didn't get any notifications any longer!

These are the animation tags of the villager:

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Now, my idea is to add a new animation tag which only has the Walk animation added to it. The Walk animation added should look like the unit is idle/still/standing/riding, any of these. I will then add the animation tag to the mounting unit and when he walks it will look as if he is just standing still. Can anyone help me with this please? It would mean the world :)
So i can add the anim and call it "Riding Walk" ?

Check this one.

Attachments

• VillagerMan_ManyAnimations.mdx
    368.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Diegoit Hi again!
I tried the model that you attatched and I used the following code but it didn't work. It still looks like the unit is "Walking" while walking. It should look as if he is just standing while he is walking.

EDIT: I know that the Defend animation tag changes the animation for how the unit walks, perhaps if you look at it and make an alteration to it hopefully it works?

Attachments

• Animation Tag.png
    Animation Tag.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Diegoit Oh shit it works!!!! It looks awesome man!! Now I can just add that animation tag when my hero is mounting!!

Could you be so awesome as to also add "Stand Swim" to the model? It should be the same animation as "Walk Swim"

I want to thank you so much, you've been of great help to me so many times - so I got a gift for you. Once Bosses of Warcraft is done I'm going to give you a little something to load inside the game, just for you ;)
+4 rep and credits to the map added.

Status
Not open for further replies.