• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Replacing Sound Sets With Custom Voice Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm fiddling around with adding custom voice files to a campaign. I've been able to successfully import audio files, have them play in the editor, and have them play during cutscenes, however I can't get them to work in unit sound sets (as in the sound a unit plays when you click on them, send them to attack, etc). The guide in the FAQ hasn’t worked for me.

I've been using .wav files, which again work when i listen to them in the editor, and use them in cutscenes. Infact I've been replacing unit sound set files, and then selecting those replacements to "use as sound", and then used that replaced sound set file in a cutscene and it works totally fine(meaning the file works when used else where, just not as part of the sound sets themselves, even if they originate from there).

From all my reading online, they should just work provided they're .wav. I've tried approaching this from two angles:

1. Using the import manager in the campaign manager, and custom pathing the new audio files to the various files of a sound set, replacing them

2. Going into the first map (as a test), going into the map's sound editor, and then going through right clicking and selecting "replace internal sound", and then replacing the vanilla files with the new ones.

Both have the same result, new sound set files work fine when played back on the editor, or when used in a cutscene, but not for the actual unit. I've tried a few different custom sound files incase the one I was using was just bugged for some reason. But I get the same result no matter what I try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm fiddling around with adding custom voice files to a campaign. I've been able to successfully import audio files, have them play in the editor, and have them play during cutscenes, however I can't get them to work in unit sound sets (as in the sound a unit plays when you click on them, send them to attack, etc). The guide in the FAQ hasn’t worked for me.

I've been using .wav files, which again work when i listen to them in the editor, and use them in cutscenes. Infact I've been replacing unit sound set files, and then selecting those replacements to "use as sound", and then used that replaced sound set file in a cutscene and it works totally fine(meaning the file works when used else where, just not as part of the sound sets themselves, even if they originate from there).

From all my reading online, they should just work provided they're .wav. I've tried approaching this from two angles:

1. Using the import manager in the campaign manager, and custom pathing the new audio files to the various files of a sound set, replacing them

2. Going into the first map (as a test), going into the map's sound editor, and then going through right clicking and selecting "replace internal sound", and then replacing the vanilla files with the new ones.

Both have the same result, new sound set files work fine when played back on the editor, or when used in a cutscene, but not for the actual unit. I've tried a few different custom sound files incase the one I was using was just bugged for some reason. But I get the same result no matter what I try.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try importing the sound as .wav mono 22kH.

Level 1
Try importing the sound as .wav mono 22kH.
Thank you, this worked for me. Works only using the traditional method of replacing sound set files rather than custom pathing in the import manager, but hey, as long as it works. Thanks again man. If a mod sees this, I'd recommend adding those specs to the soundset section of the stickied FAQ.

In case anyone else ever ends up reading this, this solution worked for version 1.28f.

Status
Not open for further replies.