• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Replacing "Pissed" comments in the Sound Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Replacing sounds is rather easy. Hell, they even play out exactly as they're supposed to in the Sound manager. Incidentally, it's the Naga Sea Witch sound set I've been dabbling with, but that's a minor point. I guess it could be any sound set, really.

They play right as rain in the editor, as I fiddle about. I see no reason what so ever why the replaced sounds should not work in-game. However, the replaced "Pissed"-audio flat out does not play, when I click the hag enough times. Mind you, I've replaced some of the movement and acknowledge sounds as well, and they work as intended in-game. No flaws there.

Is there any particular reason that the "Pissed"-audio files do not play? I can't think of any reason myself, and I honestly see no reason why the imported wav-files shouldn't be playing as intended in-game, when they function quite well in the editor.

Am I missing something?

Level 6
I took a whole other sound set (Gryphon Rider), exported every Sea Witch sound I wanted, replaced the internal Gryphon Rider with both exported and custom sounds and used that one for the Sea Witch. It works. Apparently the sounds play as they should in-game.

I tried deleting and replacing sounds with the original soundset God knows how many times to no avail. Now the non-functional sounds seems to work. I only had to replace the sounds in another sound set with them.

SIGH!

Level 41
maybe poke around in these files, especially PortraitAnims and UnitAckSounds
slkrap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.