• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Renaisance Grand Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The idea for this map came from Europa Universallis 3, as such i have chosen the name Europa Universallis as it's TEMPORARY name.

This game will have many of the features of Europa Universallis. the list of things i will add is:

-Moral
theory on how to implement: each unit will have a mana equivalent to it's moral and a default abbillity that will shield it from mana attacks at the cost of 1 mana per hit. when a unit dies (or is hit still deciding) it will spawn an "anti moral" unit for the attacking side. this unit has no attacks but a passive abillity of banish that it will use against the enemy. each hit will depleat it's mana by 1 and when it's mana reaches zero it will stop fighting (due to the banish abillity. each time the anti moral unit uses it's abillity it dies.

-colonies
theory on how to implement: colonies may only be summoned upon blighted ground. there are 5 levels of colonies, once you upgrade to level 5 you have the option to upgrade the colony to a "city" which will allow it to behave exactly like any other city. colonies will provide the owner with extra income based on the resources found there IE Shugar. every time you upgrade the colony the income goes up untill you get a city.

-Besieging cities
theory on how to implement: outside of each city will be a very small circle of power. as long as an enemy unit is on the circle of power the city is "besieged" besieged cities will fall after a random increment of time.

-Assaulting cities
theory on how to implement: each city will have an attack however the range will be very small. the city will also be sourounded by walls and a gate. during sieges there will be a random duration at wich the gate will open allowing you to "Assault" the city much easier.

-Capturing cities without ownership and bargaining for peace
theory on how to implement: this is very basic, each city will have an array that holds it's current owner and the occupying force. if the two are the same the city is usable, if the two are different the city is un-usable. when peace is being declaired you can "bargain" for cities using the menu (it will simply mean one player makes proposition other accepts or declines.) after peace, all cities owners revert to the decided peace terms, and all occupied cities are returned to their owners. you may also bargain for cash.

-Minor nations
theory on how to implement: this one was tricky. there will be 6 "major nations" (austria,venice,france,castille/spain,england,ottoman empire) these nations MUST be human conttrolled. next there are 6 "minor nations" these are usually computer controlled. whenever a war is declaired, the owner of a major nation gains temporary control of his/ her allies. if the minor nation has no Major Allies, than it goes to a Minor Nation player. this player gains control of that nation, and all it;s respective allies untill both the war ends, AND another un-allied Minor goes to war. there will also be features to free "vassals" which will be permenant allies to the owning nation. minor nations MAY go to war with each other based on a series of variables and triggers.

-Bigger Map
theory on how to implement. i think we can all agree that the world isn't big enough for the 12 of us. that is why i will create the ILLUSION of a map that is 16 times the area! this is actually really simple to do, all i will need is to reduce every units scale, movement, LOS, Collision, and attack range so that it is 1/4 of it's original values.

What i want.

i would love help with ideas, triggers (especially for moral) models (Old gunpowder weapons and dismounted knight and stuff.(a siege mortar would be cool too.) and any help you can possibly give me ( PLEEEAAAASSS.)

O one final thing. can you help me think of a name. there is already a map names Europa and i don't want to be breaching copyright AND Originallty at the same time. THANK YOU!:thumbs_up:

Terrain
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Units
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Triggers
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Last edited:
Level 6
not really. the reason i decided to try to create this was i was sick of all the maps where all you do is build a bigger force. it has no brainpower at all. this game is meant to have more detail and strategy. for example.

minor nations will have simple scripts so that they may decide to declair war or not. attacking others without a reason can hurt your integer representing relations, causing minor nations (wich are only a little weaker than you) to declair war, or ask others to declair war (if asked it doesn't hurt your reputation.)

as well going to war is different. in most games lets say you are germany and go to war with russia, so you conquer moscow and use that to build an army to take urals, that won't work in this game. cities you "kill" become occupied cities which cannot build anything, or give you income. but keep in mind the enemy can no longer use the cities either. after you declair peace all the cities you occupied return to ordinary cities, and change ownership back to the original player UNLESS you "bought" it in the peace talks.

peace talks will be one of those mini menus with buttons, displaying all their lands, click on the ones you want and hit send, then the recieving player chooses to accept or not, if he does than he loses those territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.