• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing "Stop" command card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Is there any way to remove ONLY the "Stop" command card ability? If so what is the distinct ability id of the "Stop" command. I have searched relentlessly for the ability id of this command, but it seems that I can only remove the "Stop" command by removing the command itself along with moving commands through removing the ability referenced with the ability id 'Amov'.

Make a spellbook, put stop ability in it, give the unit the spellbook then disable it? :D Maybe works (just an idea)

that won't work... only the spellbook is disabled + you still have the stop command in the UI... well, as far as I know the "attack" button is the only one you can hide... but I think you can change the stop button via editing the script files inside the mpq archives...

Level 10
At least I know that you can extract the file (I can't remember the name of the file) in which tooltips for command buttons are set, edit the new, import into map and set the path so it overrides the script file inside the mpq. Don't edit the mpq itself, or you will probably get problems. Get an mpq browser in Tools and check the content of various files, and see what you can override.
I have never succeeded in disabling them, but I think a work-around could be made if you wanted those buttons to appear like other commands and trigger them to behave differently. For example, you could rename Hold Position to Inventory, and trigger it so that an inventory is displayed when the Hold Position order is issued. Just an example.

Level 10
Hmm, interesting ideas people ^^ Yea i saw tutorial at the helper about changing command tooltips, but it never really addressed removing the abilities (only Atk and Amov). The spellbook thing for sure can work kanadaj, a good solution i started looking for ever since i realized i needed the stop command for the physics engine, but im really just looking for the id :/ I will try to look for the mpq files hehe, not used to that stuff but always good to learn something new. +rep to you all ofc

Level 10
Good idea GhostThruster, but that would create two problems for me:

1- The stop button icon will still show in an awkward manner (unless if i manage to change the UI with a special skin)

2- Stopping commands would require me to create another boolean or conditional variable that would decrease the performance of the map, since im integrating the stop command into the system. Another way would be to put a very partial wait and then do ignoring triggers. But thats not really needed as the purpose of this is mainly just for eyecandy and removing a command that is deemed unnecessary as the attack command has been removed.

But really its ok bro, not really a problem, im just doing it for the eye candy
+rep
Thanks for help guys, il try using the mpq editor, if people actually join the dmc project..

Status
Not open for further replies.