• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability that makes attacks deal poison damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to make a spell like Inner Fire that makes the target of the spell deal poison damage while the spell lasts.

I tried using Inner Fire as a base spell and removing all armour and damage increases it made.

Then I used a trigger to give the target of the ability another ability that made that unit deal poison damage. And a trigger to remove the other ability when the buff was gone.

All this worked perfectly, my only problem is that of course the poison damage skill shows up on the command card, and I need the room on the command card for other skills.

I have tried to search the forum for hiding skills on the command card, put I couldn't find anything that helped me. I tried to disable the new ability for all players (someone said that this would make it disapear, but that the ability would still work) but this didn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas for hiding the ability on the command card (without pushing other abilities of the command card)?

Or is there some other way I could do this?

Many Thanks
/Cola

Level 2
Well, I tried disabling the ability for all players in map initialization (I tried with Check Dependencies set to true and afterwards set to false) but neither worked. (In both cases the poison damage didn't work)

I also tried disabling the ability in Scenario > Player Properties > Abilities, but that didn't work either. (no poison damage)

Then I tried using the item ability for slow poison, but it still didn't work. (the poison damage worked, but the icon was displayed in the command card :( )

I also tried disabling the item ability for slow poison, but then the poison damage didn't work.

I'll keep trying, it must be possible!

Thanks for your effort ~~
/Cola

Level 2
It didn't work so I probably didn't do it right...

I made a spell book ability and put the poison skill into it. Then I disabled the spell book in triggers and gave the spell book ability too the unit I wanted to deal poison damage... But it didn't deal any poison damage... :(

I haven't used spell books before so I am probably doing it all wrong, any idea?

/Cola

Level 3
If your talking about an ability that only affects the hero casting the triggering ability. You could just remove the inner fire ability then add the poison ability when activated then remove the poison and readd the inner fire ability after the duration finishes. Using an integer array to hold the level of the triggering ability for each player until the duration ends.

Level 10
InvalidCola said:
It didn't work so I probably didn't do it right...

I made a spell book ability and put the poison skill into it. Then I disabled the spell book in triggers and gave the spell book ability too the unit I wanted to deal poison damage... But it didn't deal any poison damage... :(

I haven't used spell books before so I am probably doing it all wrong, any idea?

/Cola

disable as in... remove the icon

Status
Not open for further replies.