• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange synergy between custom cleave and damage detection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I am using DamageEngine by looking_for_help. With the help of this system I coded a custom cleave ability that is centered around the unit itself, not the target.
I also created a poison ability that applies damaging poison every time the unit deals non-magic damage. There is a similar poison ability without the damage component that works perfectly, but not this one.

The behaviour:
Units are applied poison on any normal attack, but the cleaving attacks only applies it if the main target already has at least 1 stack of poison.
Furthermore, every time a unit is first hit by cleaving attack and applied poison, it shows an effect that tells it has healed a little through lifesteal(which they don't have).
The other similar poison(crippling poison) used to have a similar bug, but I fixed it before copying the code for the damaging poison.
I have confirmed that the issue is not a thread crash, because otherwise the damage handler would never reach its end(which it does, as confirmed by a debug message that would display if it didn't)

I also updated the damage engine, but that only fixed one other unrelated bug, which is not included in the test map.

To test this, start the map in game and pick demon hunter(void rogue). After about 1 minute and 30 seconds you'll see enemies coming your way.

Attachments

• Buggy damage.w3x
    216.4 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.