• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing shadow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey, I've just used the "calculate shadows and save" function and in some areas it looks great! but in others the shadows look terrible and simply shouldnt be there, it looks like theres random shadowy patches apearing all over the map and its snowy terrain so it realy shows up and looks like crap.

I realise its a long shot buti Is there anyway I can delete shadows from some areas and keep them at others?
Imo Blizzard should have included some kind of shadow editing tool, i hope they do in sc2.

Level 7
hmm I've been thinking, what about if I saved my map, then deleted the objects causing shadow then saved as a new file, then recalculated shadows, then copy and pasted terrain and doodads back from the old map into the new? would that work>?

Status
Not open for further replies.