• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

- Remove Unit Shadow with Triggers -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
As stated above, is there a way to remove a unit's shadow through triggers?

• Events - Stuff
    • Conditions - Stuff
      • Actions - Create Unit
    • Custom script - call RemoveShadow(udg_LastCreatedUnit)
This system is intended for being used for actual units. This means removing the shadow for every unit and applying a dummy unit to it will be impractical and will likely cause lagg. The units begin with 100% transparency. This makes the shadow obvious. Thus, if there is a way to remove a shadow, I'll gladly welcome the idea.

I realize that you can remove shadows from units in the editor. I DO NOT WANT THAT.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 10
It is possible if you use a dummy unit that always is in the unit u want to remove/add shadow to. Make your unit have no shadow and a dummy with shadow, and then make a trigger to remove / add the unit which will remove / add shadow

I thank you for your effort. I should (will) update the initial thread, as the units I'm attempting to apply this to are dummy units themselves... however, they use the units' models to create an mirror image effect.

This system would work, however, it would likely lagg due to the units being created doubled. However, +rep for effort.

Level 37
You could do the shadows with images.

Disable all shadows in object editor. Then create an image for each unit you want to have a shadow for with triggers. Update the shadow image's position to the position every 0.03 seconds or so.

You can set the transparency of images, reflecting the transparency of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.