• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reseting Shadow Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I'm making an indoor map, and because I'm an idiot, I clicked 'Calculate Shadows and Save'. Well I'm not liking how it looks now, because indoor dungeon maps don't have sunlight pouring into them.

How can I reset what 'Calculate Shadows and Save' does?

Level 3
I do not think you can reset it now since the map is saved right after the calculation has been triggered.

Only thing you can do is... remove all the doodads, copy/paste the terrain and reset it followed by a new calculation, then you can paste your terrain back.

Level 8
Yyeaaaaaaaa

I got it!!!

Here's what you have to do: (You'll need an mpq extractor/writer or whatever, I use shadowflare's)
1. Make a copy of the map (just in case)
2. Make a brand new map (tileset does not matter) that is the same size as your original map (don't need to do anything to it, just save it).
3. Open up the new map in your mpq extractor.
4. Find the file called war3map.shd and extract it (I extracted to the desktop, it really doesn't matter).
6. Close it.
7. Open up the offending map in the mpq editor.
8. Delete war3map.shd.
9. Drag the new war3map.shd file into the mpq.
10. Close it. You're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.