• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Removing a unit with no death animation after specified time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to trigger a boss to drop a large damage aura on the ground every 15 seconds. Each aura is going to last 40 seconds so there will be 3 out at a time.

Since these cover a large area I made a dummy with a special effect as its model and gave it immolate to deal damage.

Everything works great but when the generic expiration timer expires the visual effect remains.

I am not sure how to fix this since I need several out at once and keeping track of the order without a queue of some sort is difficult.

• A11 Blight
    • Events
      • Time - A11_Blight_Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Uses P2 --------
      • Set Temp_P2 = (Position of A11 0023 <gen>)
      • Sound - Play SecretFound <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at Temp_P2 with Z offset 0.00
      • Unit - Create 1 A11 Ground Blight for Player 12 (Brown) at Temp_P2 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 40.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_P2)
      • Countdown Timer - Start A11_Blight_Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 18.00 seconds

ISL

ISL

Level 13
If the special effect of your dummy unit disappears when the dummy is Removed through the game function (not through the expiration timer), without having any visual issues, then you can do the following - USE DA POWAH OF MUI

1. Create variables for Dummy, INT1, INT2, and, the most important one - Timer (real number). That variable shows how long the dummy have been existing. When it comes to 40 seconds - the dummy is removed.
2. Make a loop with periodic event (every 1, 0.1, or 0.01 seconds) that increases the variable Timer/Lifespan by 1, 0.1, or 0.01. I'm not sure how accurate that'll be in the meaning of real time, but it might do the job.
3. To end the dummy, put something like If (Timer => 40), then ("Remove the dummy").

It is possible to get rid of the dummy and do everything through triggers, with fancy special effects and damage calculation (based on difficulty or targets' MaxHealth for example).

I would have done it right now, in a GUI-friendly way, but unfortunately I don't have the opportunity atm.

I can get it done some time later, if you ask.

EDIT: just realised that INT1 and INT2 won't clear-up themselves untill the boss is dead/finished

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.