• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Hammerfall ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
  • HammerfallCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Hammerfall
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Timer[1] = Last created timer
      • Unit - Create 1 hammer dummy for (Owner of Caster) at CasterLoc facing Default Building degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
      • Unit - Add 0.65 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.50 seconds
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterLoc)
      • Trigger - Turn on HammerfallDamage

• HammerfallDamage
    • Events
      • Time - Timer[1] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = Triggering unit
      • Set CasterLoc = Position of Triggering unit
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy caster for (Owner of Caster)
      • Unit - Add hammerfall damage to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of hammerfall damage for (Last created unit) to (Level of Hammerfall for Caster)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunderclap
      • Unit - Add 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterLoc)
      • Trigger - Turn off this trigger

I can't seem to make this work and I don't know what's wrong. :eekani:

Last edited by a moderator:
Describe what you want, and what is the problem always if you open here a thread.

• Set Timer[1] = Last created timer
  • Countdown Timer - Start Timer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.50 seconds
^A timer is never created.

Edit:

In your second trigger there does not exist a unit that triggers the triggers, so (TriggeringUnit) does not work.
In GUI we use not timer method but this instead: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...279/mui-spells-using-artificial-waits-223315/

Last edited:
Level 12
I just accidentally double-clicked the post thread because of internet lag.

Oh I really have no idea how to make variables for indexing.. what type of variable should I use.. I searched everywhere in the internet but as far as i have read throughout every single forums, none of it that I can seem to understand completely.. Like they always speak gibberish to which causing for me to have a hard time understanding.

Edit: I really want some simple demonstration on how to do indexing.. Like using simple words and easy-to read descriptions and what it do, preferably examples which makes sense. Preferably a tutorial which a stupid person can understand.

Level 12
I'm using it for my map.. it doesn't have to be MUI cause I'm not intending on modes which players have the same set of ability.. Although I think I want it to be a multiplayer map but since I think not MUI spells in multiplayer maps seems a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.