• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Level x - Data - Maximum Damage (Osh2)

What is that?

xD

Edit: Oh I tried to make a skill where you cast many shockwave in diferent directions, but they all goes toward unit facing angle :(

• Kaze no Kizu
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Kaze no Kizu (based in Channel)
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
      • Set SpellPoint[0] = ((Position of (Attacked unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Attacked unit)) + 180.00) degrees)
      • Set SpellPoint[1] = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set SpellPoint[2] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 10.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 30.00) degrees)
      • Set SpellPoint[3] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 10.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) - 30.00) degrees)
      • Set SpellPoint[4] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 10.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 60.00) degrees)
      • Set SpellPoint[5] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 10.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) - 60.00) degrees)
      • Unit - Remove Kaze no Kizu (effect) from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at SpellPoint[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Kaze no kizu (based in Shockwave) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Kaze no Kizu (based in Channel) for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave SpellPoint[1]
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at SpellPoint[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Set level of Kaze no kizu (based in Shockwave) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Kaze no Kizu (based in Channel) for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave SpellPoint[2]
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave SpellPoint[3]
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave SpellPoint[4]
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave SpellPoint[5]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[1])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[2])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[3])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[4])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_SpellPoint[5])
I thought the problem was because I was ordering the same dummy caster to cast all directions, but even when I added 4 more dummy caster I was unable to shot all directions :(

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, if your max damage is 300 and your spell deals 300 damage, it will either:
a) spread that 300 damage around all the targets it hits
b) deal 300 damage to the first target
Not sure which, sorry.

Basically it puts a cap on the maximum amount of damage it deals.

I think 'b' is the correct one, but I haven't tested it.

When you change the max to 600, it'll deal 300 damage to 2 targets (or spread it around all of em, again not sure).

If you change the max to 99999, unless the shockwave manages to deal 99999 damage across all of the targets then it will do full damage to everyone.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Level 4
For the shockwave direction problem, my guess would be that the spots that say (casting unit) should say instead (triggering unit) since the unit is no longer casting once he/she/it has finished casting an ability.

I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Woot! Vindication from Purplepoot! I'm not wrong after all!

Last edited:
Level 12
Changed to:
  • Actions
    • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
    • Set SpellPoint[0] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 180.00) degrees)
    • Set SpellPoint[1] = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Set SpellPoint[2] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 30.00) degrees)
    • Set SpellPoint[3] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) - 30.00) degrees)
    • Set SpellPoint[4] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 60.00) degrees)
    • Set SpellPoint[5] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Facing of (Casting unit)) - 60.00) degrees)
And works fine... but when the unit cast it looking down, dont work! I got same problem with sharingan, but was up, when the unit cast the skill looking up, it don't work. (in the sharingan trigger the dummy caster spawn in the front of casting unit, in this trigger the dummy spawn in the back)

Wtf this dummy caster have agains't opposite directions?

-------------
Seems that Maximum damage is equally divided between all units, because when I casted a 480 damage shockwave in many peons (220 hp) they didn't died, but got severely damaged. (In a few peons, they died)

Status
Not open for further replies.