• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove aura! Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check if a unit has the devotion aura buff and is further than the range from point1 and point2 and then remove the devotion aura buff?

I am searching for a faster solution that does not involves triggers, like how in dota they remove the ice shard buff 0.01 seconds after the unit left the area without checking every 0.01 seconds.

Level 19
I am searching for a faster solution that does not involves triggers, like how in dota they remove the ice shard buff 0.01 seconds after the unit left the area without checking every 0.01 seconds.

right they check it every 0.03 seconds -_-

all dota auras are customcoded and loop every 0.03 seconds if im not mistaken

Level 4
I just checked the Devotion Aura in object editor and saw that duration is set on 4 seconds, maybe if you change that to 0, it might disappear as soon as the unit is out the range

Level 12
I think there is a gameplay constant for the stickyness of auras.

No there is not. Normal wc3 auras will remain 2-4 seconds on a unit after it left the range. No way to change that.

@OP: In some of my testmaps I used immolation as a buff marker, as you can set the duration to as low as 0.01 there.

Level 12
Doesnt matter. For convenience you might want to use the permanent one.
There are some disadvantages though:
-a damage per interval >0 is required for immolation to work
-a lot of damage events
-sleeping units are not affected (invulnerable units are affected if they are in the targets list (0 damage instances to them))
-paused units will only be damaged once when the buff is added and the buff wont be removed as long as they are paused

Why not? If you make 1 such trigger that (globally) manages aura(s), then what's wrong with it?

nothing is cute about a trigger that works every 0.01 seconds

Doesnt matter. For convenience you might want to use the permanent one.
There are some disadvantages though:
-a damage per interval >0 is required for immolation to work
-a lot of damage events
-sleeping units are not affected (invulnerable units are affected if they are in the targets list (0 damage instances to them))
-paused units will only be damaged once when the buff is added and the buff wont be removed as long as they are paused

a possitive aura that gives sound message "our allies is under attack"

Level 5
> nothing is cute about a trigger that works every 0.01 seconds
Just use 0.1 seconds. It won't be noticeable. Unless, of course, you're very particular about this.

Using Permanent Immolation with low damage interval (ie 0.01 seconds) will lag the game (not noticeable sometimes) anyway after all. Though, I'm not sure which lags more, the low interval PI or periodic trigger. It all depends on what you do I suppose.

> nothing is cute about a trigger that works every 0.01 seconds
Just use 0.1 seconds. It won't be noticeable. Unless, of course, you're very particular about this.

Using Permanent Immolation with low damage interval (ie 0.01 seconds) will lag the game (not noticeable sometimes) anyway after all. Though, I'm not sure which lags more, the low interval PI or periodic trigger. It all depends on what you do I suppose.

there is no point giving the player "an ally town is under attack" message, I could set the sound into an empty sound "x.wav" but each time a player gets hit, nobody knows. xD so to conclude, the best way to do it is with 0.1 seconds trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.