• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reducing Melee/Normal & Ranged/Pierce Damage by %

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The idea is to make powerful items also useable to low-level heros without overpowering them. Instead of of reducing incoming damage by a flat value I want to reduce the damage by a percentage. The idea was to make use of the Mountain Giant's ability to reduce melee damage with armor and ranged damage with shields. I have a working Item System (Click if you care) and working spellbooks, but the problem is that I can't find a way to reduce the damage by a percentage. So I tried to reduce damage types, which allowed me also to reduce magical damage. Pierce damage seems to be reduceable with the ability of the Nightelf Archers (didn't test it yet), but I can't find a way to reduce normal damage.
To make it short: I'm searching a way reduce incoming normal (or melee and ranged) damage by a percentage without using a damage detection system, for that would mean to check for every possible equipped item.

Status
Not open for further replies.