• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defend Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
hmm.... but i dont want it to be passive.
and the mountain giants ability doesnt give a % chance to block, its a certain amount. like it blocks 12 damage, cannot go lower than 3 damage.

Create 2 dummy abilities withoud an effect.
When you cast #1, you will gain the passive mountain giant ability, it removes spell #1 and adds spell #2. When you cast #2, it removes the mountain giant ability and removes #2 and adds spell #1.

About the quote.
You can add a block chance to the mg ability. the mountain giant has it 100% chance to reduce 12 damage. Minimum damage taken will be 3 so he wont be invulnerable for damage taken below 12. Just set tthe minimum to 0, and the chance to reduce to whatever you want. I used this spell on all my shield items to give units a chance to block while wearing a shield.:D easy as hell:D

Level 40
Maybe the defend ability will help u, from Human
it's a casting ability and it blocks dmg. U just make the damage taken to 100%.
The only problem is that is turn on ability
Err... Right.

Create 2 dummy abilities withoud an effect.
When you cast #1, you will gain the passive mountain giant ability, it removes spell #1 and adds spell #2. When you cast #2, it removes the mountain giant ability and removes #2 and adds spell #1.
Use Defend for the first ability, that way you keep the animation and lack of order interruption without any work needed.

The best way to do this is with a Damage Detect System, but that's most likely a little over your head.

Level 22
yah, jass is like...my weakest point in WE.
i wasnt looking at the WE when i said it doesnt give a chance. ill give it a shot guys, thanks. ill report back of my success/phailure.

EDIT: just a side question, is there a way to make a unit play a certain animation everytime it evades/bashs?
i know critical strike plays its attack slam anim.

EDIT: hmm... ive run into problems. heres what i have so far:
Shield (dummy)=Defend ability
Shield= Mountain Giants ability

Unit-A unit finishes casting an ability
Ability being cast=shield(dummy)
Unit-Add shield to triggering unit
now what about when he turns off defend(dummy)?

Level 5
You could try to give the unit the Defend ability.

Make a Trigger that detects when its cast then you add Hardened skin via a disabled spellbook to that unit.

Then make a second trigger that detects when the unit stops casting and remove the spellbook and the Hardened Skin from that unit.

Level 21
Better use immolation...
When it finishes casting(turning on) immolation, add a spellbook that contains the damage block abillity, and then disable it.ALSO, play unit's defend animation. For turning off : a unit is issued an order with no target
conditions : issued order equal to unimmolation
Actions for unimmolation : reset unit's animations. Remove the disabled spellbook.
That can be easy

OR, the saming things for defend. the issued order with no target is undefend for tuning off.
For defend/undefend, you mustn't use the action to play unit's animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.