• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can we make Defend/Grace Reduce Siege Attack instead of Piercing Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello,

are there abilities to amplify/reduce each damage type similar to defend/grace? or at least is it possible to change the type of these two abilities without DDS?

I also noticed that for defend, Magic and spell damage resistance share the same field, so we cannot make defend reduce one and not the other.

Level 12
No it they don't.
Defend has 7 fields "Def1" to "Def7" for damage reduction options.
So you can chose each of them individually. (Are you working with Reforged or an old patch ?).
Unfortunately there is none for siege damage reduction.

I don't know every single ability in Warcraft III, but I don't think one could help you for this.

On the other hand, you could use of of the armor types and change the values accordingly in the Gameplay Constants and simply use that Armor for the units that are concerned, and then simply change the unit defense value.

If anyone has a better idea, they will be welcome !

Level 16
i have both 1.31 and 1.26. I can only see values of piercing and spell reduction (spell reduction also reduce magic attacks).

Defend has 7 fields "Def1" to "Def7" for damage reduction options.
yes these options only manipulate the 3 damage types mentioned: spell, magic and piercing.

im fine to use DDS, I just thought this will be simpler way.

my main problem is I thought burrows should have medium armor because normal attacks should do more damage to them (they are wood before reinforce and also melee units cant hit as much as ranged units) for balance purpose. and then my problem was medium reduce siege attacks by 50%, so I wanted to give burrows negative resistance for siege.

that is one reason why I wanted that, but there are also other useful aspects if we could use such ability.

Level 12
Ok I see.

Well nothing prevents you from completely change the way armor types react to damage in the gameplay constants.

Now maybe such a modified armor/damage table would allow not to need any specific armor damage enhancement ?

I must admit it is a bit sad we do not have many options there.

Level 16
yes but there are many problems with that.

for example I want skeletons to receive more damage from explosions and hammers, but I do not want them to take extra damage from pericing too (so I cannot use un armor). there is only 1 more armor type, and so if I gave them that, I cannot give it for burrows too. so im out of options already in that regard. there are many more ideas, but even with these two we already run out of options.

I very much liked how wesnoth reductions worked (only 6 attack types, but each unit resistance for each type is different, there is no armor type).

I guess I will have to be stuck with DDS

Status
Not open for further replies.