• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make footman's defend reduce ANY damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Who can help me doing a Defend Skillwith Shield at a footman.I cannot modify the skill to reduce 80% of ANY Damage (Chaos,Hero,Pierce,Magic,Siege,Normal and others).Please help me with some triggers or MUI/GUI (not JASS).
Thank you for the help.

Level 7
Comando I don't understand what you mean by "Defend skill with Shield at a Footman" if you could explain I may be able to help you! But as much as I know Defend is made to dodge only Piercing attacks. (well I might be wrong)
If you would like it to reduce any damage you should play a bit with the defense types!

To Everybody else:
I would also like to know isn't there any way of making the Defend ability to dodge more than 30% of the incoming missile attacks, lets say 65%. I would appreciate any help on the problem!

Last edited:
Level 23
You could use a damage detection system, but you dont want JASS and most fo them are just that.

The simplest way is modify a Spike Carapace ability, which has the option to reduce all incoming damage.

Whenever your Footman casts defend simply add the Spiked Carapace ability you made to the footman after youve hidden it in a disabled spellbook.

When Defend deactivates simply remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.