• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ignoring enemy's defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greeting!

Basically i wanted to create a passive ability called ignore enemy's defend and i need some guidelines & ideas how to make one.

This skill will make the target enemy's defend become 0, which allows the unit who has this skill to deal full damage. Damage modifier such as piercing attack deals extra damage to unarmored, normal type attack deals reduced damage against fortified armor type and etc still remain the same.

I was thinking of making use of orb of corruption. But i only want those units who have the skill to be dealing the full damage amount, not simply reducing the armor of the targeted unit and let your entire army receive the benefit of ignoring defense.

Thanks for reading and helping out!

Level 25
You could temporarily give the target unit a version of Devotion Aura that only affects itself, and gives it -100% armour.

You could save how much damage the unit "should" be dealing (check items, stats, etc), and then when it deals damage (get the damage event using a damage engine) you can increase the damage to the proper amount or reduce the target's life by the remaining amount.

There's a way to test a unit's armour and armour type by having a dummy unit deal damage to it and comparing the result to a table of percentages, have a look in the spells section for the system (I can't find it).

I'd recommend either using orb of corruption or devotion aura.

Status
Not open for further replies.