• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Defend Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi guys,

Could someone please explain to me the fields of the Defend ability, specifically:
  • Data - Chance to Deflect
  • Data - Damage Dealt (%)
  • Data - Damage Taken (%)
  • Data - Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing)
  • Data - Deflect Damage Taken (Spells)
  • Data - Magic Damage Reduction
I have ideas of what most of them mean, but I need confirmation.

Something strange: I want to set Chance to Deflect to 50%, but if I type 50 in normally, it sets it to 10. Why is this? (I know the Shift+Enter thing, don't worry).
Also, when Defend is triggered, what happens? Does the attacker's missile return to them?

Thanks for the help,

Mr_Bean

Level 19
chance of deflect: this is the chance to make the attack go past your unit, but no returning to caster, if set in 100% you will deflect all damages (it´s kind like the dragon ball thingy were you shoot Ki beams and the affected guy throws them away to any direction)
damage dealt %: of course if you have shield in front of you, you will deal less damage
can be set to 100% to avoid that, can be even set to give bonus damage! (weird)
damage taken: damage taken, no much to say, set to 0% to receive 0 damage (this is the damage you get from non-deflected attacks, and attacks you can´t deflect)
deflect damage taken (pierce): the amount of damage you take from deflected pierce attacks, it´s like their still get pass your shield, set to 0 for you now what.
the same goes for the damage taken from spells.
data magic damage reduction: the reduction you get from magic attacks, i think it doesn´t affects ultis? anyway, i don´t really now how this works.

Level 21
Hi guys,

Could someone please explain to me the fields of the Defend ability, specifically:
  • Data - Chance to Deflect
  • Data - Damage Dealt (%)
  • Data - Damage Taken (%)
  • Data - Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing)
  • Data - Deflect Damage Taken (Spells)
  • Data - Magic Damage Reduction
I have ideas of what most of them mean, but I need confirmation.

Something strange: I want to set Chance to Deflect to 50%, but if I type 50 in normally, it sets it to 10. Why is this? (I know the Shift+Enter thing, don't worry).
Also, when Defend is triggered, what happens? Does the attacker's missile return to them?

Thanks for the help,

Mr_Bean

My try:
Chance to deflect - an actual chance that it deflects a missile back at the shooter(this actually works for any piercing attacks, not just missiles). This requires that "Defend - Can deflect" is true in constants.
Damage dealt - What it says, it's how much damage your unit deals while defending. If it works weird, then it's a bonus.
Damage taken - the opposite of previous.
Deflect damage taken - How much damage a deflected hit deals to your unit
Magic damage reduction - All magic damage is reduced by this percentage. It might either be that 1 = 100% protection or 1=0% protection.

Level 17
Thanks guys, that helps a lot!
However, Defend doesn't seem to be triggering (Chance to deflect = 100; "Defend - Can deflect" = true).
I am using an Archer to attack the unit, but nothing happens.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. I saw that Targets Allowed was set to enemy, and I was using allied units to attack :p

Status
Not open for further replies.