• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Defend Ability questions-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Attack Speed Factor [0.00]
Chance to deflect [30.00]
Damage Dealt (%) [1.00]
Damage Taken (%) [0.50]
Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing) [0.00]
Deflect Damage Taken (Spells) [1.00]
Magic Damage Reduction [1.00]
Movement Speed Factor [0.30]

So these are the defaults above, but what do they mean?

What does
Damage Dealt (%) [1.00] mean?
Damage Taken (%) [0.50] mean?

Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing) [0.00] mean?
Deflect Damage Taken (Spells) [1.00] mean?
Magic Damage Reduction [1.00] mean?

Level 25
This is my understanding of these values:

Attack Speed Factor [0.00] => either how much this spell increases or decreases caster's attack speed
Chance to deflect [30.00] => Chance to deflect damage of "Pierce" attack type (or "Magic" damage in case of Magic Defense).
Damage Dealt (%) [1.00] => Damage output of the caster when this spell is active (100% is 1.00 as number)
Damage Taken (%) [0.50] => How much damage unit takes (I think this is hard coded to react only to "Pierce" attack type for Defend and Magic attack type for Magic Defense)
Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing) [0.00] => How much damage caster takes when it successfully deflects an attack
Deflect Damage Taken (Spells) [1.00] => Same as above, but for spells (this is used in Magic Defense ability)
Magic Damage Reduction [1.00] => How much magic damage you take, right now it's 100%
Movement Speed Factor [0.30] => How slowed down is the caster (0.3 = 30%)

I'm not sure if Defend can deflect magic damage, however Magic Defense ability is basically a copy of this but made for spells.

Level 12
Damage Dealt (%) [1.00] is the damage factor a unit deals. 1.00 is full damage dealt. or 100%. This modifies the damage the unit deals.
All of the rest modify the damage the unit receives.

Damage Taken (%) [0.50] is the damage the unit takes . 0.50 is half damage taken. or 50%

Deflect Damage Taken (Piercing) [0.00] is the damage the unit takes from piercing atacks. 0.00 means no damage is taken. or 0%(rifleman, archer etc)

Deflect Damage Taken (Spells) [1.00] is the damage the unit takes from spells (shockwave, thunderbolt etc)

Magic Damage Reduction [1.00] is the damage the unit takes from magic-type atacks (priest, banshee etc).

Level 13
From my past experience I remember the magic reduction and reflection do not work in any way.

Magic Defense actually just makes the user immune to magic and not reducing it in any fashion.

Level 5
From my past experience I remember the magic reduction and reflection do not work in any way.

Magic Defense actually just makes the user immune to magic and not reducing it in any fashion.

This might be necro'ing but I just tested this and he is right.

I'm in need of an activated ability (not passive) that increases the users spell resistance, but I can't seem to find anything that works =/

Status
Not open for further replies.