• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defend ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want an ability thats activated on click and can be deactivated when i unclick like the defend ability. I've tried using it and i can get it to work for slowing movement speed and increasing and decreasing damage but it wont increase or decrease dmg on your unit.

Whats the point of calling it "Defend" ability when it cant decrease dmg cept just for piercing. Im trying to find an alternative but havent yet. I might have to do some triggering which i dont want since defend has a thing called Damage Taken(%) .5 and you'd think it would affect how much dmg u take but it must only but used to determine how much dmg will be deflected using the that set %.
Ugh

Level 7
Fix

My fix for now is to have most melee units that have attacks that could be defended as piercing and units that couldnt defend from, like my berserker wielding axe boys, just stuck them with normal. Seems to be working alright, just have to adjust piercing to balance with defenses of other units.

Status
Not open for further replies.