• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Just a topic for my Redemption campaigns, for now it's focus on
Book 2
Lazy as hell currently, just going to quote myself from the other forums I put this on.
May pretty it up later, but meh.

Whitewolf8 said:
So now that i've finished the first part of this campaign, i've been thinking about what I could do for the second.

For one, Blood Elf techtree: Units, buildings, spells, all that.
I had this random idea that some spells (For units at least) require HP instead of MP, like Priests that use HP to heal allies (As if transferring their life) and are unable to heal themselves or other priests, and instead of having to heal themselves they drain HP from enemies (Maybe automatically?)

Some of the heroes may get a major makeover in terms of abilities, Kael definitely needs to be changed.
Whitewolf8 said:
Update on Blood Elves.

All units possess mana, though some of them won't use it, that doesn't mean that it's useless, i've got something planned~
Workers have 'Replenish', which aids in repairing.
They (So far) can build:
-Vestibule
-Abode
-Altar of the Sin'dorei
-Barracks
-Lumber Foundary
-Forge
-Mana Forge

Vestibule upgrades to Chateau, which then upgrades to Palace. It trains Engineers (Peasent equivalent)

Abode produces food. How exciting!

Altar of the Sin'dorei trains and revives heroes. Go figure. Too bad i've not made any yet.

Barracks trains Swordsmen, Archer and Champion (Knight equivalent), it also contains the upgrades Magic Defense, Avenging Wrath, Crimson Arrows, Holy Armor and Blood Knight Ugrade. (Which changes Swordsman into Blood Knight, allowing the use of Avenging Wrath)

Lumber Foundary is used the same as Lumber Mill, it contains the Improved Gold/Lumber Harvesting and Improved Masonary upgrades.

Forge contains the Truesilver Blades/Plating/Arrows and Studded Leather Armor upgrades

And finally, the Mana Forge produces Arcane Golems (No upgrades yet).
BloodElfs_zps51d8d2b2.jpg
Whitewolf8 said:
So like, another update.
Swell huh?
Almost finished with the Blood Elves, just need to add heros, really.
For anyone interested, i'm upping what I have so far since I think it's at least at a playable stage.

To play as Blood Elves, choose Human and set Handicap to 90%
(Test map mentioned here is at the bottom of the post!)
Whitewolf8 said:
And now for more useless writing! *Shot*

So for the second part of the campaign, i'm starting from a clean slate, so unfortunately heroes won't carry over (Even though it's completely possible to do, you can blame my bad organizing in the first for that), but some secrets WILL carry over (Like, side quests completed, special items, all that), most heroes will begin at level 10, and some will gain their Soul Powers (Inspired by WoS) somewhere down the line (If you finished the first campaign you would have encountered one particular Soul Power).

This part will also take place two (Or more?) months after the first, so there will be some radical changes to characters positions and particular fates, some may be dead, some new ones may join up, some may betray, really depends on how I feel when i'm up to it, feel free to make suggestions on the fate of some of the heroes if you wish. I'm also taking member cameos, if you would like to make an appearance in the second part feel free to notify me.
Whitewolf8 said:
So... A list of some/most of the heros to appear in Book 2 of Redemption.

Heroslist_zps00ac4c94.jpg

A bit crowded.
Whitewolf8 said:
...And since i'm using this topic for campaign related stuff, I suppose it's appropriate to write some character related stuff here.
Like Griffith!
Griffith - A narcissistic Knight, part of the Order of the Silver Hand.
"I am strong! I am wise! I am handsome! And I am right!... Me! No one else!"

Not going to be playable, but he'll act as an ally.
Whitewolf8 said:
And now, since I can't think of anything better... More from our lovely friend, Griffith!
DeG_zps9321b9fb.jpg

But... What the hell?! Death Grip? But... Isn't that like, evil?! He's supposed to be a Knight of the Silver Hand!... Isn't he...?

Speculate away! Yeah, i'm talking to you, that person viewing this thread right now! DON'T YOU RUN AWAY. SPECULATE!
Whitewolf8 said:
Heeeeey, this isn't dead yet.
Although, I had a longer break then this beforehand and it still wasn't dead. Welp.

Anyways, since Soul Powers are to be present, obviously I have to think about who gets what. Here's one for Lance as an example!

Lance|Soul Power|
=====||--------||
Uyan - Summons the Ghoul, Uyan to Lance's side, his level is equal to Lance's.
"Veigue de-deaded my friend here!"
"De-deaded?! More like UN-deaded!"
------------
Uyan|1st Ability|
------------
Rend - Tears at the foe, dealing AGI*2/4/6 damage initially, and 20/30/40 damage a second over a minute.
---------
2nd Ability|
---------
Rip (Autocast) - Rips through the foes armor, reducing defence by 2/3/4 for a minute, and dealing AGI*1/2/3 damage.
---------
3rd Ability|
---------
Critical Strike
----------
Final Ability|
----------
Leap - Leaps to the target area, dealing 175 damage to all in range as well as stunning them for 2 seconds.

Thanks for taking your time to read this unorganised mess, I s'pose.
Haven't actually made any progress on this since August last year, just placing this here now so I don't have to create it when I do start working on it again.

Attachments

• (12)BloodElfsWolfie.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.