• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recoloring Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How can i change the color of lightning? I managed to change the color of the lightning itself but i wanna change only the glow and keep the white core. It should look similiar to this:

My current recolored lightning looks like this:

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
What you're seeing there is the effect from Finger of Death/Pain; a separate effect entirely to the blue Chain Lightning. If you're trying to create a yellow lightning effect, you'd best make a recoloured texture and use it to replace one of the standard lightning textures (since you can't make custom lightning effects).

Level 5
I wanna make an orange/yellow, purple, and yellow lightning effect. But i wanna use the chain lightning lightning. Or is that impossible? Than how can i make the lightning glow color i want?

Status
Not open for further replies.