• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Realms of the Genesis v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

Realms of the Genesis v3
Follow Realms of the Genesis v3 at Twitter to be updated.

Hamachi Network:
Network Name: RotGv3
Password: realmsofthegenesis

-Models for Heroes, not Heroes for Models. ~RotG

From Realms of the Genesis v1 to Realms of the Genesis Reborn v2 up to Realms of the Genesis v3, the map was evolving from the original concept to a different concept and now back to the original concept which is more far better than the previous 2 maps I made. Now comes an epic evolving battle between the Beholder and the Defiled which struggles in an ancient sunken realm, it is said that a sacred treasure relies in this sunken empire which grants eternal happiness was broken in two pieces, one captured by the Beholder and the other half captured by the Defiled. Choose what force you reside, choose your hero and help your team defeat the opposing force to capture the other half of the sacred treasure.

Facilitate your lane, upgrade soldiers, capture bases, plan your strategy, enjoy ass-kickin' battles and make your way to the top, the all new Realms of the Genesis v3 is here, an AoS map created by Sinnergy (me) inspired from Realms of the Genesis v1, now optimized and rebalanced to fit what this map really means, Kick-ass.

Features
  • Lane Control System
    For each lane, there are two structures that can manage a specific lane, one for the melee units and the other for the range units.

Each structure has two upgrades for a unit type, the first upgrade is to improve the units, improving their damage, their hit points, and also changing their Model so players will know that the unit from that lane is upgraded.

• Global Upgrade System
    With this system, players will be granted control on the units upgrade for each team, any user can take control of the structure that provides the upgrade.

There will be four upgrades the structure provides, first for melee units, second for range units, third for magical units, and fourth for their hit points.

--Note for upgrades--
    Although any players from a team can control structures that provide upgrades, this system still have limitations, one of them is, only 1 player at a time clicking a structure can make the upgrade
    second, when clicking an upgrade, the time interval is zero, upgrading the upgrade instantly, but wait, this doesn't mean clicking the upgrade and leaving the structure will still upgrade, no it doesn't continue the upgrade, you need to wait until the upgrade finishes (saying "upgrade completed") then you can leave the structure safely

the upgrade system behaves like this because the system works like, select player 1 red upgrade structure, change upgrade structure owner to owner of selector, if upgrade structure is unselected, it returns back to player 1 red

I need a better system, to fix this problem

• Base Capture System
    Notice the 2 big pile of square thingy in the minimap, they are the two bases I'm referring to, they can be captured when killing the Ancient Giant Sunken Guardian spawned after when you stepped inside the circle of power with the Key of Ruins that can be captured by killing Strouf that spawns randomly either in the top of the map or the bottom of the map.

--Note on this system--
    when Strouf is killed the Key of Ruins will be spawned at the front of the main castle (Arcane Sanctum or Temple of Tides), this is intended so that no one can steal the key from your team when you successfully killed strouf

how about giving the key to the unit that killed strouf?
    if the unit dont have any inventory slot, then the key will be spawned on where the unit stands, giving the opposition the chance to steal the key from your team

• Attribute/Element System
    Ever wondered how can a fire bolt spell deal damage to a water elemental? How the hell can a small amount of fire defeat water? Is this right? well, worry no more, Attribute/Element System is here, the system adds attribute to each hero, abilities, and items, plan your strategies, pick the right hero, choose the right items, build crazy hero line ups to unbeatable combos.

Holy -> Dark -> Water -> Fire -> Plant -> Earth -> Holy

Holy attribute will deal 150% damage to Dark attribute, while Dark attribute only deals 50% damage to Holy attribute but deals 150% damage to Water...bla...bla...bla

It doesn't mean that you can totally own a fire hero when using a water element type hero, although its a big advantage, a really big advantage, but there is always a chance to turn the tables, it just depends on how safe can you play, and what strategy will you use.

Also when picking a hero with such element, it doesn't mean that all of its spells are based on the hero's element, examples are the Sinnergy hero (dark attribute with fire spells) or an earth like creature with plant spells, etc.

Each hero has an attribute or an element, making the hero's armor to its attribute type, BUT doesn't deal elemental damage, this is intended so that passive spells like a triggered critical strike will still react to the attack damage and not to the elemental damage dealt, an example showing the bug:
    lets say the triggered critical strike will react to earth damage because attack damage are converted to elemental damage, yes this will still trigger the critical strike, but what if the same hero with the same critical strike ability will cast a spell with 400 damage using the earth property, this means, it has a chance to trigger the critical strike spell using the 400 damage as the multiplier.

Screenshots
rotg3f.jpg

rotg3e.jpg

rotg3d.jpg

rotg3c.jpg

rotg3b.jpg

rotg3a.jpg

rotg3g.jpg

Fell free to ask questions, give feed backs and react violently on this thread, thanks.

Credits:
Vexorian
Anitarf
Rising_Dusk
Cohadar
Magentix
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Mr. Goblin
JetFangInferno
Litany

The Beta Testers:
Zack1996 (Wizard1996)
Others who tested the map online, or with another group of people, please PM me so that I can add you to the list

I am distributing some sort of spoiler maps to show the heroes, their stats and their abilities, I don't have any beta testers for the map, that's why I rely on the people who plays the spoiler maps for their critics and bug reports for the hero.

W.I.P

Attachments

• RotG v3.0 Beta.w3x
    762.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 2
ill post screen shots ASAP, im just too busy with the heroes that lacks ultimates

EDIT: added screen shots for those heroes that are completed

Last edited:
Level 2
beta is far far away, i can only submit alpha maps, like no items at the moment and a small amount of heroes, after i finished the 2 heroes that lacks ultimates, ill be sending the alpha map (or which i called spoiler maps)

Level 15
If you guys have joined TheHelper.net you guys would have gotten to try the spoiler maps. Pure pwnage they were! Really loved all the heroes and the game itself.
And if you guys don't know Sinnergy=waaaks! And that's total ownage!
Anyway, it would make sense if you showed the Titan back when his model was still custom to make people say "OMG! COOL MODELZ! I MUZ TRYZ DIS MAP!" or something. People love custom models so maybe I could take a screenie of the Titan back when he was still that custom model and send it to you to upload here or something?

PS: I shall not disclose the spoiler unless Sinnergy says its fine XD

Level 2
yes you can, but in the map, there are bugs that are not easily seen, im sure they've already seen the model but not in my map

Level 2
~UPDATE~
Released anothe spoiler map, the map adds the ultimate ability of 2 heroes, for more info:

Realms of the Genesis
Version 3
Change Log

* Fixed Anger Bomb for exploding the units even though Anger Bomb is not the source.
* Changed Impaling Fury Icon.
* Changed Hero Bonus Constants.
* Illusory Warrior now instantly creates Illusions.
* Cleave is now unable to damage on structures nor trigger on structures.
* Added Knockback on Leap which was stated on tooltip.
* Reduced damage on False Reality.
* Changed Skin and Icon of Mirage Heroine.
* Impaling Fury now doesn't deal damage on Structures.
* Supreme Strength now doesn't scale the Jungle Giant.
* Fixed Impale based spell from stacking from each other.
* Recoded Impale System.
* Fixed the rare bug on Impale based spell.
* Changed Barrage to Hunted Arrow for Deadeye.
* Fixed Grave Robber Tooltip.
* Fixed Impale Based spell not stopping when casted out of map bounds.
* Fixed Whirlwind not stopping when casted out of map bounds.
* Improved Geodart reacting on flying units.
* Changed some parts of the terrain, mostly on deep water areas.
* Fixed Strouf and Base Capture Bug.
* Changed Upgrade Cost on Training Ranged Sharpshooters and Increasing Range Units.
* Changed Homing pick radius from 200 to 250.
* Homing now shows area of effect.
* Added ultimate ability to Bato: Valley Crush.
* Added ultimate ability to Jonadrian: Divide and Combine (idea by Zack1996).
* Temporarily removed abilities on Bosses (Ancient Guardian and Strouf).
* Changed Icon on Supreme Strength.

Level 4
I just played it, with the "Lord of Death" or whatever the case might be.

Pretty good map.
Everything seems well polished.

More heroes and you'll be golden I'd say.

P.S. The miss (Grow Up!) spam is annoying.

Level 2
I tried it though I can only play solo against AI.
The AI sucks, its main purpose is to aid me from testing skills on heroes (because heroes are really different from units)
What about adding neutral creep camp?
Else there's not much to say since it's still really empty.
I don't think I will add a neutral creep camp since there are no room for them and I won't extend the map because it would become large, or not making the map square like DotA, because people will again compare it to DotA

I just played it, with the "Lord of Death" or whatever the case might be.

Pretty good map.
Everything seems well polished.

More heroes and you'll be golden I'd say.

P.S. The miss (Grow Up!) spam is annoying.
The Grow Up! thing, I'm just having fun with it, I will change it after my priorities.

thanks for the positive feed backs

Status
Not open for further replies.