• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Really!? What is the secret in making icons?

What program is the best in creating Warcraft icons?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
What is the secret in creating cool icons? I'm so lame at creating one... And I'm so jealous to those others because they really know how to create a realistic icon while mine it looks like a cartoonish! What program do I need to use to make cool icons? Pls send the download file too if possible! Thanks!

I really don't get how people think that a, in their opinion, "good" software is THE solution. That's absolute nonsense. What good does it do having a Lamborghini if you don't know how to drive, or to hold the steering weel? If I had the necessary powers, I'd delete that poll right now.

I won't repeat what 3 other people already stated.
In addition to their feedback, it does not only take skill, but patience. The more you draw and the more you work, the better you will get. It's the same as with all other aspects of life.

Don't focus on creating "cool icons", that's not motivating at all. People draw for various reasons, to create, to express, to process emotions.

And I already told you that the best approach, as a "newbie", is to learn from tutorials that other, more experienced users provided. Read, learn and try to apply what you see.

It's vitally important that you also have IDEAS. Drawing skill alone won't do any good if you lack inspiration.

A very common example: people, who are new to creating icons, draw swords.
We have thousands (auxesis) of sword icons already. If you really have to create one, atleast be creative, make it unique, put some of your personal style in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.