• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ranged Attackers, Making them miss the target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, I tried everything, but even if my guy completely miss the target (I shoot and the target move to the opposite side making the arrow miss about 10m) the target take damages! O.O

That is stupid! How a arrow that is in the ground so far makes me losses hp?
I want to balance range vs melee, so I think that making the ranged miss while the melee is coming is the better solution, but I can't do that if the arrow have a infinite-range-but-only-in-the-target-splash.

Someone can help-me?

Level 11
mmm... go to your unit and take a look at the data that involves damage and see if there is something there... i dont have WE here so i cant help atm... if there is nothing new later... ill see if i can take a look

Level 4
Since it is splash damage, some abilities regarding its attacks wil not work, like slow poison , critical strike, or arrow abilities.

Level 12
Uhm, I think I did a better way.
I set the weapon to missile (splash) And worked!
The unit shoots the arrow where the enemy will be, so if the enemy just change direction in the midle of the arrow way, he takes no damage!

Since he don't have splash, I will try with these ability you mention.

Edit: Not worked :(

Edit2: I accept... Its impossible, the only way to a unit miss the target its become artillery or missile splash, and both can't have orb effects :(

Level 3
There is a Unit Data set called Range-Motion-Buffer.
If I remember correctly, setting this down from 250 will fix the problem. Set it to 1, otherwise at 0, I THINK the arrows do no damage because it technically doesn't actually "hit" a target that equals 0.

I'm going to test this real fast just to make sure.

Level 12
Nothing, The range motion buffers cancel the attack if the unit move outside the area BEFORE the attack goes, if my unit already attacked, the arrow will do damage no matter where my unit is. (Yes, even If I put 550 MS in my unit and make it run away from a projectile with 1ms speed, when that thing hits the ground, my units get the damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.