• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-miss-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i make a "miss" spell if u will but "passive"
E.G archer fires an arrows at target A, archer has a 50% chance to hit-miss, target A gets hit, archer hit with 50% chance.

basicly saying how can i make it so a unit has a chance to miss a target?

i dont want to add evsion to every unit xD

Level 9
You would have to trigger a system for this. Either, when a unit is made, create a dummy unit to cast "Miss" on it (with the percent being whatever you need it to be) or a "On Attack" detection system which involves casting a 100% miss spell on a unit as it is attacking (but before it actually attacked). To put it simply, there's no simpler way, nothing like just adding an ability.

Level 2
hey uh xD thanks, but im kinda newb at mapping and i have NO clue what u just said xD i dont wanna make a pest of my self but can ya make it simpler and mby some pics? xD or even better a made map of it -if it isent to much trouble other then that dw- thanks thou!

Level 16
Here you go:

1. Create dummy unit
2. Set it's mana to 9999999 and mana initial amount to 9999
3. Create curse buff without effect
4. Add curse to dummy unit
5. Implement this trigger:

• Miss
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to <Your Unit>
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 <Dummy> for Player 12 (Brown) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.