• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unlimited Range!! ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi, im making a mini game where you have to shoot at the rigth time to hit the target

Questions:

How do i make unlimited range? i tried it once, so i change "combat - range" to 50000 but that dont work!

How do i make them shoot if i press a button (like S) and then the archer shoots a arrow and try to hit a archery target.

thx in advance +rep if u help (ofc :spell_breaker:)

Etzer

Level 11
For a expermiment i once did I removed the units attack completely. Make a dummy ability called ''Shoot'' When it is activated, trigger teh creation of an unit with an very strong permanent immolation(No art) With an arrow model. Order it to go straight ahead and any target in the way is destroyed.

Level 13
You cant do that? The archer dont got any attack so it is impossible!

Level 13
Ok, i just dont understand why.... well whatever

i dont really get it, stuck at the action

trigger teh creation of an unit with an very strong permanent immolation(No art) With an arrow model. Order it to go straight ahead and any target in the way is destroyed.
Errrrh

Level 11
No dude think. Ill make it simple.
The archer cant use regualr attack, since it would attack as soon as something is in range. A trigger that fires when a ability (Shoot) is casted. It is based of an no target skill like war stomp without effect. The trigger creates a unit with the model of an arrow. It can only move, is not selectable and has a modefied permanent immolation, which gives like 100 damage per second and does not have any visual effect Via the same trigger, the arrow is ordered to move to the other side and is then removed(Experation timer). Any target that is touched by the arrow unit (Like a target) Is once damaged for 100 damage, and if the target dies it can be detected by a trigger.

Explained?

Level 13
Thanks dude, so much shit for a single thing to change xD +rep
I only need to shoot on 3 things with the other thing :D

Level 7
an easier way is to change your units acquasition range. your maximun range cant be higher than your acquasition range. just make your a. range like 100000000 and then change your range to the same. to make it really high, hold Shift then double click it

Status
Not open for further replies.