• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random Spellpack by [RMX]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a Lovely GUI MUI Lagless Leakless spells. there is some noob JASS also :p

A Summary of Spell description :

The hero catches a unit and the target unit will be unable to walk or attack and the hero starts spinning the unit then slaming it on the ground ofc dealing damage and there is 2% chance every 0.02 second to release a fire bolt that deals 10 damage...

Time Lapse from DOTA a request .........

Atom Purge :

Switch places with a unit dealing damage then that switched unit will deal to all units in 200 AOE around it some damage ext...

~~~RMX~~~ have fun :p

Give credits ofc and review alot :p

Keywords:
Fire, Spin, Wheel, Bolt, Rmx, YA!, ext...
Contents

River Rush (Map)

Reviews
15 November 2015 BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 11:24, 2nd Mar 2010 TriggerHappy: In switch; Do not use locations. Remove the polar projection BJ. Make the spell configurable using...

M

15 November 2015
BPower: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

11:24, 2nd Mar 2010
TriggerHappy:

In switch;
  • Do not use locations.
  • Remove the polar projection BJ.
  • Make the spell configurable using constant functions.

Level 25
Called something like "Mental Strike" and was posted by Psycho_Nerdial :p
Also this bugs if you move the caster, see the image if you do not belive :p

[offtop]
@Rmx
I switched to vJass cause i suddenly figured out how easy in fact it is and how many functions there are in Jass...
GUI is pretty limited from what i saw and functions worse when i compared it to Jass :p
I may or not do a GUI spell anymore...

Attachments

• bugs.JPG
    bugs.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 193
Level 31
No proper documentation and really need to have hotkey. Also why did you make all those description in red colour? :=/

I don't understand some specific part of the trigger due to the lack of documentation.

From my view, it seems to be leakless but I could be wrong since I did not fully check the entire trigger content.

Overall, it was a very nice spells.

Off topic : I really need to find some time to read kingz index tutorial if I really want to give a 100% full detail about this spells. O_O

Level 17
I don't have the time to do a full review.

But as usual, you forget to adjust the maps name in-game.

And yes, as Kingz says, it gets bugged if you move the caster while casting (take a look at the picture).

Triggering as usual is well-done (took just a quick skim).

Really nice idea, I was thinking about such an idea today morning... :p

The red tooltip is very annoying, make it white.

*offtopic:

Rmx, I have to agree with Kingz that Jass - and even better - vJass are way better than GUI...

Weirdly, when I started triggering I started with vJass instead of GUI. That's why I can read vJass and know some useful custom scripts :p

GUI is too restriceted and uncreative! So I advice you - if you're a GUI pro - to move into vJass too!

Now you might ask me: if so why do I use GUI?
Well, it'll be torture to get directly into vJass, so I'll learn GUI slowly and then go into vJass ;)

Attachments

• New Picture (6).jpg
    New Picture (6).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 160
Level 16
why does this feel familiar? =P
It reminded me or my very first spell ^^,, Mental Disorder,,
Though this is coded very different, it is in fact the same,, only you got a problem which i also had back then,,
When the creep dies during the spell,, its corpse stays in air,, U should make a new trigger (or add an event to the stop trigger) when a unit dies,, if it is one that is casted on (check through the loop) stop the whole thing, but above all: Make its flying height to 0 again(!!!),, that is how i solved it,, (i think),, later on, i made a condition which checked if it was dead, if so, i lowered its flying height,,

But that is not something for me to tell you, i guess you can make a perfectly fine solution yourself ;)
The spell is nice and i like those effects you gave it! =),, also you checked for cliffs and terrain height, which is really good (it bounced off a cliff, good job!),, all together: Nice spell =),, +rep

Level 25
Hmm, time lapse is impossible without having an periodic timer, and having a 0.02 timer that almost never stops if troubling for some maps :p
On the jass spell:
Simple idea, you could do better but this is your first JASS spell so i guess it's okay :p
Improvements, remove all BJ functions(Polar Projection and AnyUnitEvent)...
Also:
JASS:
IsUnitEnemy(temp, null)
Should be:
JASS:
IsUnitEnemy(temp,GetOwningPlayer(u))
Using GetTriggerUnit() is faster than any other Get***Unit function.

In the code:
JASS:
 if IsUnitEnemy(temp, GetOwningPlayer(u)) and (GetUnitState(temp, UNIT_STATE_LIFE) > 0.405) then
                call UnitDamageTarget(u, temp, 100, true, false, ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE, null)
                call GroupRemoveUnit(x, temp)
            else 
            endif
You can remove the else, it will compile and it is useless cause you don't have any else actions :p

Level 16
Try to open this with JNGP, every function writen in red just calls other functions, like AnyUnitEventBJ, it creates a loop and adds 12 PlayerUnit Events,,
Also, it looks like you totaly forgot everything about leaks you every learnt =P,, or at least, location leaks,,
JASS:
loop
        exitwhen count > countt
            set fx = PolarProjectionBJ(fs, g, s)
            call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectLoc(light, fx))
            set s = s + 60
            set count = count + 1
    endloop
in this part, you leak about 6 locations, since you dont destroy them before you assign a new one to it,,
Otherwise,, nice! ^^,, especially cause it is your first Jass Spell,, but even for non-vJass (normal Jass) spells, i recommend a Jass highlighter like JNGP does, since it shows what useless functions you use,, or functions that only call more functions,, which makes them slower,,

But as i said: Nice!!!

Level 22
as I don't jass and I know like 3 lines in vJass I will try to judge my best.

my internet crashed yesterday so couldnt post my review.

The spin fire thingy. As spoken before, it's great :)

The switch thing ... makes me goe nuts, thought a unit was in the woods, I switched and I got stuck! :mad: maybe add like a boolean destroy trees, shouldnt be so hard even for jass :)

The time lapse thingy ... as I prob remembered wrong, the time lapse is that you cast it and 5 secs goes and you go back in time? Prob me wrong but still I think the effects are some kind of booriing, just a blinky caster on each point., maybe like a tail would fix that? ^^

Still you're skills are high above mine so what am I to judge still I love fire thingy but the rest ... we'll say that they are not my taste ;)

Level 16
JASS:
function PolarProjectionBJ takes location source, real dist, real angle returns location
    local real x = GetLocationX(source) + dist * Cos(angle * bj_DEGTORAD)
    local real y = GetLocationY(source) + dist * Sin(angle * bj_DEGTORAD)
    return Location(x, y)
endfunction
This is the PolarProjection,, it is nothing more than a Cosine and Sine calculation,, the same calculation that is often made when moving with Jass,, like in a Knockback or a Jump system,, it is very often used!

This is found under the 'Functions' button, when you search for 'PolarProjectionBJ' and you click it, you will see this,,

EDIT: You only used 3 non-native functions, PolarProjectionBJ and AnyUnitEventBJ,, nice

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
How could i get the source location ? and do i have to change dist ? amd x, y ?

also it's very confusig JASS i would appreciate if someone could help me with it :)

Can u Yixx in MSN ?

EDIT : Found out how no probs now just going to the timer thingy :p

Last edited:
Level 16
Spell Review: Random Spellpack by [RMX]

[td]
General Review: [TD] 
The spells have originality?
          Wheel of Fire
          Atom Purge
          Time Lapse
    
The spells are working?
          Wheel of Fire
          Atom Purge
          Time Lapse
    
The spells are leakless?
          Wheel of Fire
          Atom Purge
          Time Lapse
              
The spells are MUI?
          Wheel of Fire
          Atom Purge
          Time Lapse
    
Effects/SFX
Wheel of Fire
          The effects on this looks nice, perhaps a bit more fire could make it look better.
Atom Purge
          Effects are fine here I guess, nothing spectacular.
Time Lapse
          Looks like the DotA spell, nothing more to say.
    
Movement
Wheel of Fire
          The start is a tad weird, the rest looks very nice.
Atom Purge
          Meh, not much to say.
Time Lapse
          ^same^
    
Bugs
Wheel of Fire
          You can make the target land outside camera bounds, in the water, etc. using this spell.
              You really need to fix this, the abuseability of this is major.

Atom Purge
          Everything seems to work properly.
              Except that you can swap yourself outside the camera bounds/water;
              (After dropping a unit there with Wheel of Fire)

Time Lapse
          No bugs found.
    
Overall Rating
Wheel of Fire
          / - Fix the bug I mentioned and it'll be a /

Atom Purge
          / - Seen to much spells that works pretty much the same way.
Time Lapse
          / - Meh, it's just a DotA spell. But it works as it should.
    
Detailed Review: [TD]  [/TD] [/td]
If you have any questions regarding this review, feel free to send a PM () to me.
[/TD]

spdnyx.jpg

Last edited:
Level 17
Why not upload these icons on photobucket and replace it with images?
It would look exactly the same and work for us IE users.

Or you can just use
X, , 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and
sendtofriend.gif
the next time you make a review.
Becouse i think IE users want to be able to see reviews too :p

And if you think that will take ages, think again please ^^