• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random deselecting of towers in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi

In the last version of my TD everyone experiences towers deselecting at random times through the game. It seems like it happens more often when more players have joined the game, so I think the cause is something actively done by the players.

I have not experienced this in the other versions of the map. Non of my triggers are using any of the Selection actions.

What have changed from the last version to this:
- Added 3 towers
- Added leaderboard and bonus wave after wave 15(but desecting occur before this and after)
- Using SharpCraft WEX Bundle to the editor(to solve the import error)
- Added an ability to the builder to change into a simular builder with other available towers(based on bear form)

Non of the deselecting problems occur in singleplayer.

Hope you can help or make an educated guess

- GamerSmurf

Level 4
The change builder ability is made following this tutorial: Demo Map - Multi Builder - Demo Map

The only trigger it uses is one that orders triggering unit to build if casting ability is the bear form ability.

I have not used selection in any of the older versions. The leaderboard and bonus wave triggers is not active in the first 20 minutes and the deselecting starts at the beginning.

My best guess is the bear form ability, but I have not found any threads about this issue when using bear form to change the builder

Level 4
I have tested the map again. When a player uses the bear form ability(called Building set 2) it gives the order "Build" to every unit or at least the unit/tower other players have selected at that moment. It should only be the unit casting the ability.
The trigger looks like this:
Builder.png

It's a simple ability and can be made in many other ways, but it shouldn't cause every tower to be deselected

Status
Not open for further replies.