• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Raise Dead data - unit type three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone

I just wanna know how to put "data - unit type three" in raise dead ability
to summon skeletal warrior, skeletal mage and a skeletal archer

if it is possible

thanks

Level 29
U simply make a spell based on channel then trigger the spell. Check out my tutorial things a GUIer should know for info on the channel ability. Then in ur trigger u do a condition check to see if the ability being cast is that ability. Then in actions u create the three units u want and use timed life if u want to or not.

Level 13
here
  • Raise Dead
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Dead
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 15.00 second Raise Dead expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Archer for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
edit:
leave the Raise Dead ability blank

Level 13
i know, i know.. geez
i show him the created unit not the one raised from corpses..

Edit: here Wrathion the grouch :p
  • Raise Dead
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Dead
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of Point matching (((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point2 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point2 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Archer for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point2 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I just wanna know how to put "data - unit type three" in raise dead ability
to summon skeletal warrior, skeletal mage and a skeletal archer
Although nothing stops you from defining such a field, it is highly improbable the ability will know it exists let alone how to interpret it.

The easiest solution is to detect when one of the other unit types is summoned using the ability. This should run the unit is summoned event and will certainly run the "unit enters region" event. All you need to do is create a new unit of the third type near this unit while giving it timed life and you have it raising 3 units.

Although nothing stops you from defining such a field, it is highly improbable the ability will know it exists let alone how to interpret it.

The easiest solution is to detect when one of the other unit types is summoned using the ability. This should run the unit is summoned event and will certainly run the "unit enters region" event. All you need to do is create a new unit of the third type near this unit while giving it timed life and you have it raising 3 units.
Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.