• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

rain of infernals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
is it possible to cast multiple infernals similar to rain of fire or blizzard but instead of just doing damage, infernals would spawn

also how to make it so that you dont need to stand there channelling the spell, just one cast and the waves keep dropping

thanks

Level 9
To do that you have to use triggers. You can create an instant cast dummy spell to activate the trigger, then some dummy units (no model, no shadow, Locust ability) with summon infernal spell. Order the dummies to cast their spell at random location, and you're done....

Last edited:
Level 17
There is already a skill for that? Archimonde's "Rain of Chaos" should summon more infernals. Just set the damage field to 0, set the area effect and the number of infernals to your liking.
As raft_pl said. If you want this spell to be casted over and over again just create a dummy unit that casts the spell to the target location.

Level 24
Indeed. I am sorry that I am unable to help but was late to the chase. Beaten again.

There is already a skill for that? Archimonde's "Rain of Chaos" should summon more infernals. Just set the damage field to 0, set the area effect and the number of infernals to your liking.
As raft_pl said. If you want this spell to be casted over and over again just create a dummy unit that casts the spell to the target location

raft_pl and emperor_d3st are indeed correct.

Level 4
"Rain of Chaos" doesn't do damage. It only summons units. To make Rain of Chaos do damage and stun you have to use triggers.

I have a meteor rain spell in one of my maps based on Rain of Chaos. I had to set the summoned units to dummy units and I had to trigger the damage.

Level 4
instead of just doing damage, infernals would spawn

That seems to be an indication that he wants the spell to do damage and spawn infernals.

I threw in the bit about the stun to emphasize that rain of chaos does not behave the way one might expect (as if it were the dreadlord's ultimate cast many times at once).

Status
Not open for further replies.