• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

rain of fire auto-wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
This spell is an example, the "Rain of fire", as seen used by the cryptlord. I've noticed that the casting unit has to stay in launching the spell prior to refresh fire waves, and thus continuing to deliver damage. But is there a possibility to cast the spell once and getting away without stopping the spell?

EDIT: 100th post! ^^

Level 19
There was a man named Joe.
He had many slaves to do their job.
When he wants to cast a channeling spell, he tells one of his slaves to do that for him.
With this way he doesnt need to stay for channeling spell.
And Joe cant remember name of all slaves so he calls them dummy
Those dummies have no model (.mdl), have moment type of flying and have locust ability so no one can touch them (like locusts of locust swarm you cant hurt them)

Joe is dead story is ended

Level 29
Simply make a dummy that will cast the spell.

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dummy_Ability
    • Actions
      • Set Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point[1] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy_Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[0] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos Point[1]
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])

Level 20
and the original casting unit? will it stop right when casting the first wave or it will continue to cast togeter with the dummy?
Because i have a trigger that makes casting unit to walk away when finishing to cast the spell. But if it will go away like normal, enemy units can kill it while it's casting.

Level 29
As I said, he will cast a dummy spell that will do nothing BUT let the trigger know where to cast the real spell.

Your spell can be any Ground Targeting spell which can be Channel, Cluster Rockets with 0 rockets, Rain of Fire with 0 waves, all that kind of spells.

Level 11
You don't have to clone the unit. You just have to make another unit who can't be seen/selected. Order that unit with triggers to cast the spell. Problem solved.

Level 20
heeeeey wd40bomber!! Long time no see!! What a nice chance to get your devilish 666th post! I think we're still in business with something, aren't we?
Getting back to the topic: this dummy unit has to be "locust" type? And that trigger you just posted will delete it once the spell is finished?? And what if i'm using more than 1 or 2 casters?

Level 14
Getting back to the topic: this dummy unit has to be "locust" type? And that trigger you just posted will delete it once the spell is finished?? And what if i'm using more than 1 or 2 casters?
The dummy unit has to have the ability Locust and probably Invulnerable unless you want it to get killed. If you want to learn how to make a dummy unit go here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp_1jI9v6-s

If you used more than one caster, you shouldn't worry (I think) because of GhostWolf's trigger,

Status
Not open for further replies.