• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard, Rain of Fire, etc... (no channeled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey, how do i make it possible to that when i cast Blizzard or rain of fire i don't need to stand there and channel the spell to make it work.
A map with the dummy unit + variables and triggers would be sick :D
thanks

Level 17
I made the map for you, don't know if this is what you want.

I don't think its multi user friendly, so you have to do it yourself.

leaks easily fixed but i cant be arsed.

Attachments

• Blizzard non-channeling.w3x
    25 KB · Views: 164
Level 11
Then,go to your ability and watch my print screens.
Delete channeling animation.

Attachments

• channeling.JPG
    channeling.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 358
  • channeling2.JPG
    channeling2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 322
Level 17
No, that is just the animations not the effect.

To make it not channeling make a dummy unit with the ability and make it cast the skill instead. I belive that is what Hurrka did but I don't download stuff right now. Sorry if this is redundant.
What i made is you target the place you want to, then the dummy unit casts the spell.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Flame strike work in the same way and it's self substaining spell once cast (You can change the effects, so it can also use "blizzard" effect in the same way). However multiple flamestrike doesn't stack with each other in terms of damage.

Making a invisible dummy casting a blizzard spell for you works the same way and is the best options if stacking would occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.