• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Make a channeled spell to not channeled...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Sorry, I'm at work so i can't make you a map, but try using triggers to make a dummy unit cast those channeling spells when the hero casts a fake version of the spell.

I've tried this with blizzard, and for some reason it would only make one wave of ice and then stop, but you could put this in a loop to make multiple waves :D

I can give more help if no one has sent you a map by the time I'm done working.

Level 6
i think you know how to create a dummy unit and a dummy spell.

• unchannel ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to DummySpell
    • Actions
      • Set caster_loc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set target_loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummyunit for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at caster_loc facing target_loc
      • Set dummy_unit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Flame Strike to dummy_unit
      • Unit - Set level of Flame Strike for dummy_unit to (Level of Flame Strike for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order dummy_unit to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike target_loc
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to dummy_unit
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_caster_loc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_target_loc)
just change the ability to whatever you want.
the expiration timer of the dummy unit depends on how long it will channel an ability.
if you have further questions just post it here i'll try again to help you :thumbs_up:
Good luck!

Level 14
Unit - Set level of Flame Strike for dummy_unit to (Level of Flame Strike for (Casting unit))
Good luck!
Shouldn't it be (Level of Dummy Spell for (Casting unit)) becase the dummy spell is the one who the hero casts isn't it and if I level it up it wont level up flame strike becase it already are on lvl1 all the time? Could you please send a map with this triggers working? I can't get it to work :(

Shouldn't it be (Level of Dummy Spell for (Casting unit)) becase the dummy spell is the one who the hero casts isn't it and if I level it up it wont level up flame strike becase it already are on lvl1 all the time? Could you please send a map with this triggers working? I can't get it to work :(

maybe its just typo error...... one thing if you want a non-channeled Stampede then it will be hard and this wont work, I've tried it and the dummy wont cast the stampede... someone said to me that the Stampede spell is really bugged......

Level 12
Nah, I'm sure that if you make the expiration timer long enough the spell will do great. An example for that is Feral Spirit, because if you create a creature with a dummy and then destroy it, the summoned unit will be destroyed too.
If you want a channeled spell to be non channeled then make a dummy cast it instead, it's really easy once you get to know it.
NOTE: Expiration timer needs to expire AFTER the unit finishes channeling!!!!!!!!!

nope... Stampede is really bugged... read my thread that I started because of the problems I encountered with stampede.....

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-and-scripts-269/stampede-dummy-problem-143136/

Of course you should set the timer to be greater than the channeling time...

and why would anyone destroy the dummy unit??? if you want to remove them then you can just create a trigger that removes them after they died but there is no good reason for doing so....

Status
Not open for further replies.